Taking Care of the Telemarketer

This is a discussion on Taking Care of the Telemarketer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; too funny....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Care of the Telemarketer

Lead Moderator
    too funny.

2. Remove Ads

I've attempted to have some "phone" with them. I tell them I'm "all excited" about their offer, and I walk to the closet, and tell them I'm so excited about their offer, I then slowly unzip the zipper on the jacket. Thye think it's something else, and quickly hang up LOL
    I know.I'm sick......LOL

Assistant Administrator
    I'll add just a tad more. As I said earlier, my son did this for a while to make money thru college - and I do realize the job sucks. So Euc's points are well appreciated.

I have tho issues with some and not others.

The guy who calls and will not take NO for an answer will - probably be left hangin' or I hang up.

Then the guy who launches immediately into a verbatim read of his ''sales pitch notes'' - I either cut across and say - ''to save wasting your time and mine - no thanks''. if that don't work then hang up.

The ones who score for me are the ones savvy enough to quickly realize I am not a score and quit. Sensible, save sthen time to get on with next call.

So - bottom line - I do have some sympathy - in as much as they are trying to make a buck or two - but if they are inept, impolite, seem to be scamming from a bar then all bets are off - and I just might get ''imaginative''!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Let's see, I started with the "please don't call me again" back in the day when they had to take you off their list for at least 6 months. When some of those would call back within that time, I would tell them I was reporting them to the AG's office. When the no call list came out, I joined that, but if you have ever done business with a company, or given them your phone number, then they can still call. When I moved down here to Florida, I got a new number and was back to square one. I have toyed with the idea of re-joining the do-not-call-list, but for now I put them on the speaker phone and let them read their copy, put them on hold and walk away, or (my favorite) engage them in a conversation about joining one of my favorite organizations or a fake religion I make up on the spot. These tactics are designed to waste the telemarketing companies' time and tie up their phone lines. If enough people do it, it will cut into their margins and cost them money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links