Another Critter Post

This is a discussion on Another Critter Post within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't mean to pop your bubble, but this photo just in: a possum seen hitting it hard, at the far end of the lake. Could ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Critter Post

Don't mean to pop your bubble, but this photo just in: a possum seen hitting it hard, at the far end of the lake. Could it be your possum?

All the empties could explain why he was so tough. I'm betting the emptying on your porch was a ruse.
    Attached Images
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    All of you guys are just cruel!

PBG Is sleeping wif de fishies
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

My bird dog caught one and it was playing "opossum" on her one time and this little voice in the back of my head said "wonder if this thing could sleep through getting castrated without waking up?" Sure enough I held it with my Pilstrom Tongs and cut it's sack with my Benchmade and removed it's little webbles. It never moved or even flinched. I kind of figured it was dead cause I sure couldn't set still through the procedure. I dropped it in the burn barrel and the next morning it was gone. Nothing else could have taken it. It had to walk out it self. I figured sure it might be mean but at least it will not be making little opossums any more. Your right about the eating them. I used to catch them quite often at Pope AFB and there was a guy in the Grounds shop that wanted every one I live caught. He would feed them corn to "clean them out" and then cook it on Sunday. I always made sure I had something going on so I didn't get invited for Sunday dinner. You know they can sure snarl, growl and drool saliva but I never had one try to bite me. Just make me think it was going to.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Pope AFB North Carolina...how many times did I sit on the ready line there waiting for the next C-130? You guys hated us Army Paratroopers! There were may possums there, and plenty of southern folks ready to fix dinner! Nice castration story. If everyone would do that with the wild cats in our neighborhood, the problem would disappear!

Man - You lost out on poss'm bar-b-que, use lots of smoke and they taste like chicken! Served with baked carp and a side of mountain oysters you would have had a Redneck banquet! LOL

Miggy, when I was full time LEO the dreaded possum call would come in 4 or 5 time a week.

I have animal control on speed dial.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I for one never disliked the Army Paratroopers. I was friends with the commander of 7th Group Special Forces and he invited me out to spend a couple of days on the range with his unit shooting everything in their inventory. From .22 supressed pistols, M2 50 cal to a 106 recoiless rifle. I also got to shoot LAW and 40 mm 203 launchers. Air Force people just never got that kind of chance. When we would go out to the field I'd always borrow NVG Scopes from them. Good friends to have.
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

I had to laugh on one oppossum call. A black lady that lived in Pope AFB housing called about a "giant white rat" outside her door. When I got there I found a oppossum in ther evergreen tree in her front yard. When I tried to explain that it's not a rat she told me "I know what rats look like, I've seen enough cartoons with their pictures". I almost got in trouble for laughing at her so hard. She was not amused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links