Airsoft anyone?

This is a discussion on Airsoft anyone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Long time reader here, and first time poster! Anywho, Airsoft is my preferred hobby and sport, and has been for almost a year now. For ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft anyone?

Airsoft anyone?

Long time reader here, and first time poster!

Anywho, Airsoft is my preferred hobby and sport, and has been for almost a year now. For those who don't know, Airsoft is a physical sport, involving firearm replicas that shoot 6mm plastic BB's at non-lethal velocities. They're used for a variety of games, which can range from capture the flag, deathmatch, or for the more hardcore, true mil-sim operations. In normal engagement distances, most airsoft firearms only shoot hard enough to leave a small welt with no protection on, altough, if you're wearing a coat, you may not even feel the hits at all.

Everything is better with pics, so here's a few of my field and friends.

Here's a view of our main field. It's very open, with a few bunkers. Not seen is the alternative path behind the camera man.

There's my big face, and my friend checking out the AUG.

Another friend taking fire

My friends and I only being 19, with no REAL firearm experience, this is our thing. It's a great way to stay active, promotes teamwork, and is basically just a great time. It may be geared to the younger crowd, but anyone can pick up and play with the pros.

So anyone here play? If you're in the Oregon area we'd love to get more people into the game.

2. Remove Ads

Good for you guys. Terrible gun handling skills by the guy checking out the AUG, has his primary weapon in a sloppy, uncontrolled position. Wish we would have that when I was 19! At that time, I was shooting at real people with real guns. Please though, don't get into the "Mall-Ninja" mentality we see so often! Keep the practice reality based and focused on a defensive position, instead of full-blown warfare. It'll be much more useful in the real world!
    Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Good for you guys. Terrible gun handling skills by the guy checking out the AUG, has his primary weapon in a sloppy, uncontrolled position. Wish we would have that when I was 19! At that time, I was shooting at real people with real guns. Please though, don't get into the "Mall-Ninja" mentality we see so often! Keep the practice reality based and focused on a defensive position, instead of full-blown warfare. It'll be much more useful in the real world!
    Tracy
    We would never think of being Mall-Ninja's I assure you!

We may have to try some defensive type rounds next time get together. We usually just get small team games going to practice tactics.
    And my friend was acting a little foolish, but our replicas weigh no where near their real counterparts weight, and I guess he was just being a little silly.

Senior Moderator
    Looks like fun.

Welcome to the forum!

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Hey, I think I know where that field is. I might have to hook up with you someday. The only problem is none of my guns shoot 6 mm plastic BB's and you will feel the hits.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Hey, I think I know where that field is. I might have to hook up with you someday. The only problem is none of my guns shoot 6 mm plastic BB's and you will feel the hits.
    It wouldn't surprise me if you did. A few weeks back our group was playing there, and some older guys came through with a bucket of rifles. They were pretty nice, and apparently hadn't been through the area in awhile, so our changes to the place gave them a chuckle. We told them we were playing airsoft, to which they said they'd rather 'shoot the real stuff' .

They walked up to the top of a big hill overlooking the entire surrounding area, and started going to town with some of the meanest sounding weapons I've ever heard. We kept playing, and the added sound effects made the game a little more fun hehe.

See Son of a Sniper...You're an OLDER guy!

Welcome from West Tennessee.

Looks like you guys are having a good time.

Do you and your friends intend to get your carry permits and real guns when you hit 21?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thanks.

I haven't really talked about getting a permit with many of my friends, but the few I have say they wouldn't mind one (I know I sure want one). I've been reading this site and others like it for awhile and learned a lot of great stuff. Before I even think about getting one though I want some actual experience with real firearms and safety procedures. I still got 2 years, so I think that's ample time.

I appreciate your mature attitude. Now either dump those boneheads or teach them proper weapon handling skills!

straight up i know a team in my home town. i get together with them when i can and we normaly go with the ful blown mall ninja warfare(cept most our gear is stock) if anything is adjusted or has accesories 90% chance i made the extra or custom kit.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

i wonder where do you get your gear at? i normaly go through airsoftgi and find some good deals.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    See Son of a Sniper...You're an OLDER guy!
    Shhhhhhhhh.... don't tell me that. I am still in denial.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I've been playing airsoft for a year and a half. There's quite a following in this area. I'm part of a 20+ member team, and I run a small upgrade/repair shop.

I may be an older dog, but I can still run around and more than hold my own with the pups! Here's some shots of yesterday's adventures...
    Division 6 Day of Games 1/27/08

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat35 View Post
    i wonder where do you get your gear at? i normaly go through airsoftgi and find some good deals.
    AirsoftGI seems to be the place I order from now. I used to go to Shorty's and Evikes, but after TERRIBLE customer service from Evikes, and the huge markups on Shorty's gear, I've avoided them.

Those are really cool pics Pat. I wish we could get our field to have bunkers like those!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links