Ark. school shooter convicted of another firearms charge

Ark. school shooter convicted of another firearms charge

This is a discussion on Ark. school shooter convicted of another firearms charge within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Remember back in '98 the two kids in Jonesboro Ark. that pulled the school's fire alarm and then opened up killing a teacher and four ...

Thread: Ark. school shooter convicted of another firearms charge

Angry Ark. school shooter convicted of another firearms charge

Remember back in '98 the two kids in Jonesboro Ark. that pulled the school's fire alarm and then opened up killing a teacher and four other classmates?

School shooter convicted again - 10 years later - CNN.com

I can see if he obtained the guns illegaly, but apparently it was legal for him to own fire arms........just not in possession of a controled substance. I don't think he should be outta jail much less have his record "adjucatided"

This is another example/loophole in the law that may end up hurting any efforts we make to change the laws and alter our (gun owners/carriers) preception to the public that rides the fence...neither pro nor anti gun

Mods, wasn't sure if this fit into the "2nd admin." thread or not. Please correct if I put this in the wrong place.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I remember it all too well. I wasn't aware this punk was out on the streets again until this week. Drugs and firearms is a federal crime---hopefully they give him the max, send him to the federal pen, and hopefully from there---he'll never see the light of day again.

Administrator
    I'm no doctor, but I think he has clearly shown to be mentally unstable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

His Juvie record was cleared. If he is convicted he will no longer have gun rights. Hopefully they try him on federal charges, this will make it 'stick' better.
    Of course the Anti's will want to close this loophole, in this case it might be good, but then we have another slippery slope.

Administrator
    Its not really a loophole, I just think all the I's were not dotted and T's were not crossed in this case. Somewhere somehow the ball was dropped on this kid.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Its not really a loophole, I just think all the I's were not dotted and T's were not crossed in this case. Somewhere somehow the ball was dropped on this kid.
    Precisely!!! The government failed us again. Everyone act surprised now!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    It's bad enough that he wasn't tried as an adult when he murdered a teacher and some children, but allowing him to own a gun after he was released is just plain asinine.

This will go on his permanent record.

No, I really mean it this time!

--Travis--

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Some states aka VA, even if you commit the crime as a kid and its a felony you are not allowed to purchase a firearm in the commonwealth of VA until you are 30 years old.

Just had a customer get denied for that same reason. When he was 16 he got felony mary jane intent to distrubt. He has a Govt clearance currently but inelligible to purchase a firearm until age 30.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Mitchel Johnson has been up here in Fayettevile for a little over a year now..a while back, maybe 10 or 12 months, him and one of his buddies had a runin with the FYV PD, something abt DUI or some traffic infraction..can't remember..anyway, this kid is destined to be a member of the "Backdoorsmens" club.

A big enough ball should have been dropped on him to crush him. I don't know that anything was missed in this case other than the weird laws that exist in the nation about underage, insane or mentally retarded people. It is scary that there are so many people tunning around out there that even when committing murder cannot be punished or held responsible for their actions. This is one of those cases.

Stupid liberal laws made this possible and now they are going to want to blame us for it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

In the 01/31/08 paper says the judge was unaware that he killed 4 classmates and a teacher. He faces 10 years and a $250,000 fine this time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    In the 01/31/08 paper says the judge was unaware that he killed 4 classmates and a teacher. He faces 10 years and a $250,000 fine this time.
    and therein lies the problem.

In many cases you cant use the "criminal history" of the BG at trial as a basis for judgment. Not only is it wrong to disregard prior illegal activity, but it is downright stupid.

It is one of the reasons that BG's don't get the punishment that they so justly deserve and the main reason that these leeches of society have a revolving door policy when it comes to staying in jail.

It ought to be relevant, if say a guy gets charged with rape, to be able to use the fact that he has raped numerous times before.

If a kid commits murder as a juvenile, it ought to be weighed in the next trial for whatever he comes up for. To say that it is inadmissible, because the kid was underage is another completely stupid act.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links