Monsterquest

Monsterquest

This is a discussion on Monsterquest within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody watch this? I'm really getting into this show. Some spooky things have happened on this show. A few people in the office watch it ...

View Poll Results: Would you shoot BIGFOOT?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would shoot for science sake.

16 23.53%
  • I would shoot only with a camera.

13 19.12%
  • I would follow it back to its den and try to make contact.

1 1.47%
  • This conversation is over do to my job working in a mental institution

0 0%
  • There is no such thing as Bigfoot!

1 1.47%
  • Why are we talking about Bigfoot on a concealed carry forum?

37 54.41%

Thread: Monsterquest

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Monsterquest

Anybody watch this?

I'm really getting into this show. Some spooky things have happened on this show. A few people in the office watch it and we really like it.
    It has generated a few questions I have for people here in the office

Hypotically would you shoot a Sasquatch aka Bigfoot aka Skundum aka Skunk Ape if you ran across one for the sake of Science?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

JD
    Administrator
    I dunno, but if ManBearPig shows up, he's toast.

All the skeptics will believe is a body...I'd drag it into the 6pm news cast and air it on live TV :-)
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I dunno, but if ManBearPig shows up, he's toast.

I think I just saw this guy working on our servers.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Glad to see I'm in the 60% that wonder why we are even talking about bigfoot on a concealed carry forum. LOL
    No--I wouldn't shoot it. Let the scientists do their own work---the government pays them a fortune to dawdle all day and the best equipment to study ketchup.

What a funny topic. The first time I ever heard about Bigfoot, me and this other kid got in one of the farm trucks with our 30-30s and went out to hunt one. It's dark out and we're idling across about 400 acres of pasture and timber. I guess we thought we'd see one in the headlights... well, we both got spooked thinking about it but weren't going to say a thing. Just quiet........
    And then my uncle got on the radio to ask where we were (back in the days when all the trucks had a CB) - and we didn't know the volume was all the way up.
    We about jumped out of the truck!
    My Bigfoot hunting career ended right then.

Why are we talking about this here? Because if one attacked me I would defend myself. Do they exist? Maybe, whether they exist or not I carry in the hills in case any wild animal or ferrel human decides to attack me.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I watch MonsterQuest. I like the one about Champ (Lake Champlain Monster) because most of the filming was done where I grew up.

I've actually thought about that before. If you ever saw something like Bigfoot, you'd have to produce a body for anyone to believe you. Pictures and video can be altered. A living or dead specimen, not so much.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't shoot him....I don't have a space big enough on the wall to mount him, after he comes back from the taxidermy!

"The taxidermy man gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"
    - Quint in the movie Jaws....
    Last edited by goawayfarm; January 31st, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

my unit had a similar discussion in iraq. only we were trying to get approval for a sniper mission to track and kill one of the puma's in our sector that command said didn't exist.(even with UAV footage, pics through the LRASSS, and personal pictures.) i'd shoot it and call one of the reporters that seemed to spend alot of time with my unit both in iraq and after we got back.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Where's the option for "If I were starving in a blizzard?" Other wise, if I felt threatened by it. That said, I'd probably be pretty easy to make feel threatened if I saw a freakin' bigfoot.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Have friends bring beer and have a big barbeque!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Nahh, Id let him go and then track him back to his place. Having exclusive photo access to BF should earn me a small fortune.

Maybe he's a shooter himself and into guns. How many of you would accept BF as a member of DC?
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Sponsored Links