More dumb people

More dumb people

This is a discussion on More dumb people within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Right after the news story hit the Houston media about the new no-chase policy for minor traffic infractions, Richard Ramos, 35 decided to take advantage ...

More dumb people

Right after the news story hit the Houston media about the new no-chase policy for minor traffic infractions, Richard Ramos, 35 decided to take advantage of the situation. When a Houston County Sheriff squad car signaled Ramos to pull over, he just floored it and sped away. But the sheriff pursued and caught him, informing him that the no-chase policy was only for the Harris County Sheriffs.

Another Houston man, Michael Kubosh, decided to challenge the redlight camera (RLC) system in court because a police officer doesn't witness the violation. But when Kubosh purposely ran a red light two Houston cops in an unmarked car saw him do it and gave him with a $200 ticket with 3 points. The RLC ticket would have cost $75 with no points.

When a police officer in Boca Raton FL pulled over a motorist to scold him for exhibiting road rage behavior, the driver thought it strange that a deputy sheriff would have his girlfriend in the car. The cop explained that he was off duty, but the suspicious motorist called 911 anyway. It didn't take but a minute for a real cop to arrive, and the fake cop was found to a phony-and actually he was a she. Rachel Otto, 21, was arrested for impersonating an officer, and the girlfriend-who had been living with Otto for a week-had no idea Otto was female. Otto also had a rap sheet for 9 previous arrests for posing as police officers.

"Rachel Otto, 21, was arrested for impersonating an officer, and the girlfriend-who had been living with Otto for a week-had no idea Otto was female..."

I'll bet they don't even unwrap their presents at Christmas...

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Nobody said you had to be smart to be a criminal, but wow.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Right after the news story hit the Houston media about the new no-chase policy for minor traffic infractions, Richard Ramos, 35 decided to take advantage of the situation. When a Houston County Sheriff squad car signaled Ramos to pull over, he just floored it and sped away. But the sheriff pursued and caught him, informing him that the no-chase policy was only for the Harris County Sheriffs.

Another Houston man, Michael Kubosh, decided to challenge the redlight camera (RLC) system in court because a police officer doesn't witness the violation. But when Kubosh purposely ran a red light two Houston cops in an unmarked car saw him do it and gave him with a $200 ticket with 3 points. The RLC ticket would have cost $75 with no points.
    Not to be religious or anything, BUT

You shall not tempt the LORD your God
    Deut 6:16
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Ran into a few of the "she's"...hey, what ever floats your boat. Nice to know people of all race, color, creed and sexual deviations can be stupid and break the law.
    I don't agree with red light cameras, but looks like Ohio can keep them. Cleveland is lovin' the extra income. Next they'll put them on I-77 and start taking pictures of you going down the road. Next step is to put a sensor on that notices you changing lanes and if you don't use your turn signal you get a ticket. Then they can get you for fallowing to close with another sensor. And don't forget about the camera's for the gas stations so when you step back into your car while pumping or litter....... lots of revenue idea's i'm sure they're thinking about.

We have red light cameras here in NY too, real money maker for the city. Our mayor is trying to charge the good people $8.00 for the right to enter a pre-set zone during peak hours. This fee doesn't include the $4.50 cars/9.00 for trucks for the bridges or tunnels or parking on the street. Still have to feed the meters. After paying for everything you are likey still get ticketed and towed away.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Let me get this straight. The same violation has different penalties depending on whether the offender is ticketed by actual witnesses or by a red light camera?

I wonder who wants to explain that. Is it the fact that a red light camera ticket should be easy to beat in a court of law and so they lower the penalty to make it more likely the victim (yes, victim) of the RLC will just pay the money?

No, couldn't be...

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Let me get this straight. The same violation has different penalties depending on whether the offender is ticketed by actual witnesses or by a red light camera?

I wonder who wants to explain that. Is it the fact that a red light camera ticket should be easy to beat in a court of law and so they lower the penalty to make it more likely the victim (yes, victim) of the RLC will just pay the money?

No, couldn't be...

Maybe they charge more for the "service" of human contact. The officer's time costs money.

The law is written so the violation is sent to the Registered owner. No officer has to be present to witness the violation. I own a rental company here in NY (Queens).We get these tickets in the mail on a monthly basics. We supply the names to the City and then we are off the hook. We also get our customer who go thru the EZ-Pass lanes (electronic toll collection)that dont have the arm to stop the vehicles. We get those tickets too.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

No, couldn't be...
    Thats easy (according to Cleveland lawyers). Red light is a civil penalty while witnessed by a LEO is a criminal offense.

Links