CWP Instructor must be on drugs...

This is a discussion on CWP Instructor must be on drugs... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; so my wife and a bunch of my friends go for their class this weekend, and they come back and inform me i'm a criminal.... ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CWP Instructor must be on drugs...

CWP Instructor must be on drugs...

so my wife and a bunch of my friends go for their class this weekend, and they come back and inform me i'm a criminal....

apparently, according to their instructors, it's illegal to carry in WalMart, because....

Walmart is its own governing body... so it's like a government facility....

yes. let me sum it up for those whose jaws are on the floor: Walmart is offlimits for concealed carry because its basically its own government....

i dont for one second believe or pander to this crap, it's ludicrous if you ask me. just want to see if im off base by calling these instructors idiots.

discuss.

2. Remove Ads

When asked, was he able to produce the documented statute that grants Wal-Mart governmental status?

The reality is, any private property can be managed by the owner as such, and that includes whether to require non-carry in exchange for being allowed entrance. Some businesses claim that advance notice justifies their having you arrested, but most statutes justify arrest only in cases where one refuses to leave when asked. But, governmental status? I don't think so.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I saw President Sam Walton once...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ohh crap, just what this country needs, another recipent for foreign aid.

OD*
    When I see Wal-Marts Military in the store, then I ll leave my gun in the car.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    When I see Wal-Marts Military in the store, then I ll leave my gun in the car.
    When I see my own country's military in the store and they demand I leave or be arrested/shot, then I'll leave. Won't leave the gun in the car.

Better yet, I already go elsewhere anyway, as there are plenty of alternative choices with good selection, better quality and better service.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    When I see my own country's military in the store and they demand I leave or be arrested/shot, then I'll leave. Won't leave the gun in the car.

Better yet, I already go elsewhere anyway, as there are plenty of alternative choices with good selection, better quality and better service.
    BIG +1

I stopped patronizing wally world a long time ago. I won't go unless I have no alternative and that's very far and few between.

As for carry when I do have to go there, well....... what they don't know won't hurt them.
    I would say the instructor is full of it and is making things up so he can sound like he knows what he's talking about in front of beginner students. sound like an arrogant sob to me.
    Last edited by Longbow; February 3rd, 2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added to comment
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Give me a break !

Quote Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
    I would say the instructor is full of it and is making things up so he can sound like he knows what he's talking about in front of beginner students. sound like an arrogant sob to me.

I agree. What a load of crap.

Until wal-mart has legal 'no carry' signs posted I will be carrying everytime I am there. Around here the 24 hour wal-marts have a stop and rop status for folks coming in and out of them.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator
    I dont know what to say....
    "Just blame Sixto"

I true load of BS! Wal-Mart or China-Mart as it is known here, is just a legal to carry into as Target, or any other store. (Assuming it's legal for you to carry in the first place!)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I must have it easy, I work for wal-mart and will be allowed to carry at work.. Then again my store manager is a good ole boy.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

VIP Member
    Did you see what the guy was smoking before he came into the class and made that statement? Hmmmmm interesting point though, since they fall into a government entity, why are you being charged state sales tax in them? If you work there why do they withhold state and federal taxes, social security and all the other BS taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    When asked, was he able to produce the documented statute that grants Wal-Mart governmental status?

The reality is, any private property can be managed by the owner as such, and that includes whether to require non-carry in exchange for being allowed entrance. Some businesses claim that advance notice justifies their having you arrested, but most statutes justify arrest only in cases where one refuses to leave when asked. But, governmental status? I don't think so.
    mmhmm!!!

Do we need a passport to go to Walmart now?

That sounds like he either A) made a poor joke, or B) is really smoking something that isn't tobacco.

ccw9mm made a good point though. I never really thought of it that much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links