Masters of Public Idiocy

Masters of Public Idiocy

This is a discussion on Masters of Public Idiocy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did a search and didn't find anything. Members of a radical Kansas church who say God punished three Navy officers killed in the recent helicopter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters of Public Idiocy

Masters of Public Idiocy

Did a search and didn't find anything.

Members of a radical Kansas church who say God punished three Navy officers killed in the recent helicopter crash are planning to picket outside Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi.

Members of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church believe God punished the officers because of the sins of the nation.

Picketing is set to start at noon Saturday at the main gate at SPID and NAS Drive in Flour Bluff. Church members are expected to carry signs that read "God Hates the Nation," and to thank God for the Jan. 16 helicopter crash that claimed the lives of three sailors based here.

The church issued a press release, which reads "Thank God for navy copter crash in Texas, killing three."

Shirley Phelts-Roper, a member of the church, said protestors are coming to Corpus Christi because the nation has made god its number one enemy.

"When you see your military weapons of might being dispatched to the ground and trauma and drama all around, (it) is the promises of God being delivered to you," Phelts-Roper said.

The Topeka, Kans., church group is known for disturbing protests. In the past, they have targeted the funerals of U.S. military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The group's core belief is that every tragedy in the world is linked to society's acceptance of homosexuality.

Military installations like NAS-corpus Christi are also targeted by church members because they believe the U.S. military has declared war on Westboro Baptist Church members.

About a year ago, the group planned to protest outside a local church during funeral services for John Paul Barta, who died in Iraq. Church members did not show up.

Dan Creswell of the local Patriot Guard Riders said his group plans to stand shoulder-to-shoulder, with flags in front of protesters to keep people from seeing and hearing their messages.

"They are the furthest thing from a Christian organization, I think, as one can get," Creswell said. "It's a perverted interpretation of the scripture and it's disgusting."

The closest protestors can get to the base is 500 yards from the main gate.

A base spokesman asked for a comment about the protest said he would "not acknowledge a hate-filled group that preys on service members."

Assistant Administrator
    I am going to put this in off topic, tho I know there is a mil' connection - but yeah - we have discussed this banal group in the past.

Faceless treasonists come to mind.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Military installations like NAS-corpus Christi are also targeted by church members because they believe the U.S. military has declared war on Westboro Baptist Church members.
    If the US Military "declared war" on Westboro Babtist Church Members, there wouldnt be any Westboro Babtist Church members.

They flatter themselves by that statement.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Regardless of what you believe in regards to America's morality or the Iraq War, or anything else for that matter, to celebrate the death of our military is just plain disgusting. How can someone call themselves a Christian and act like this?

Senior Moderator
    Anybody can call themselves anything. That doesn't make it so.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Q: What's the difference between the WBC and a vacuum?

A: A vacuum only has ONE dirtbag in it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have read the bible. I do not recall anywhere where God punished 3 mighty men of valor for the policies of those in charge. Maybe they should reread the book.

Unlike them, I cry when I hear of our military losing men/women. Those fallen did so protecting us. They have families, people who will miss them. It is a sad day.

Those people are morons.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Administrator
    ...and here I thought this thread was going to be about congress.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Nope. Some of them are about the same caliber though...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Next week I'd like to see these church members protesting all of their teeth that were knocked out of their heads this week by angry family members, and shipmates!!!
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    These miscreants have been around for awhile...the real problem is the media gives them a forum to pass on their hate. They just lost a mult-million dollar lawsuit to a father whose son died in the war...their turn is coming.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Those people are morons.
    That about says it.

Please support the Patriot Guard Riders , they make every attempt to shield friends and family of our fallen soldiers from these idiots.

Remember, their right to spew garbage like this is no less protected than our right to demonstrate our beliefs. Ignore them, trivialize them, drown then out, make sure those who their bile is aimed at are protected from it... but IMHO, making laws intended to limit the free expression of their beliefs is a bad idea. Remember, there are those who believe we are no less offensive in our beliefs who would be happy to use any legal maneuvering created to silence these idiots against us!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Faceless treasonists come to mind.
    Staggeringly accurate.

If I recall, one of our members here is a member of the Patriot Guards.

I think there was just a thread here in the OT section about how some of their members were spilled off the coast of San Francisco.. Oh wait. No that was raw sewage. My mistake. So easy to get those two confused.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

they were here this week in Dayton protesting at the funeral of the pregnant marine that was murdered. We used to hang out when we were younger she was a great girl. I was happy to see the freedom riders black these people out at her funeral.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 4th, 2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If the US Military "declared war" on Westboro Babtist Church Members, there wouldnt be any Westboro Babtist Church members.

They flatter themselves by that statement.
    if only 1 Soldier declared war. in fact, it's a testament to their discipline that it hasn't happened yet.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links