A quick thanks to Limatunes

This is a discussion on A quick thanks to Limatunes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife has been wanting to buy a handgun for months, but was unsure what to buy. I've told her that she is capable of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A quick thanks to Limatunes

My wife has been wanting to buy a handgun for months, but was unsure what to buy. I've told her that she is capable of shooting anything she wants and we will try anything she wants. Well, I have a limited amount of hanguns and she does not like any of them (all being in .40) She has said in the past that she thinks she is to small to conceal or shoot some types of guns. So, last night I logged on and went to Limatunes profile and pulled up her range diaries. I then handed the laptop to the wife and said "read this, she knows what she is talking about." About an hour later she came to and said. "I read the whole thing...twice." Lima and her are the same age and built the same, and after looking at the site, she has a new sense of confidence. She told me she was very impressed and that she wants a Wilson Combat(geeeeez, thanks Lima). I told her we would try to find to shoot first and then go from there. She also has expanded my gun budget(no really, THANK YOU Lima!) I just wanted to say thanks for showing her the light.

Derrin33
    God Bless America!!

JD
    Administrator
    She told me she was very impressed and that she wants a Wilson Combat(geeeeez, thanks Lima).
    Suffer!

Hmmmmm. If I got Nancy wanting a Wilson Combat.......then maybe......

Nah......

Lima's posts and blogs are great reading, and should help many women (as well as men) with gun matters!

Senior Moderator
    Happy to help!

It's good to see her coming around. You'll have to give us a report on what she chooses!

Administrator
    Tell your wife the pink grips can be put on a Springfield, Colt or Kimber too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto is thinking on his feet

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    My wife has been wanting to buy a handgun for months, but was unsure what to buy. I've told her that she is capable of shooting anything she wants and we will try anything she wants. Well, I have a limited amount of hanguns and she does not like any of them (all being in .40) She has said in the past that she thinks she is to small to conceal or shoot some types of guns. So, last night I logged on and went to Limatunes profile and pulled up her range diaries. I then handed the laptop to the wife and said "read this, she knows what she is talking about." About an hour later she came to and said. "I read the whole thing...twice." Lima and her are the same age and built the same, and after looking at the site, she has a new sense of confidence. She told me she was very impressed and that she wants a Wilson Combat(geeeeez, thanks Lima). I told her we would try to find to shoot first and then go from there. She also has expanded my gun budget(no really, THANK YOU Lima!) I just wanted to say thanks for showing her the light.

Derrin33
    That is AWESOME. A WC is well worth the cost of her becoming addicted to the hobby. Congrats

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Don't forget long guns:
    Last edited by Paymeister; February 5th, 2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: reduced image size

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    what is going on there with the web and wierd grip angle? Is this trying to get around the California "pistol grip = assault rifle" thing?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    what is going on there with the web and wierd grip angle? Is this trying to get around the California "pistol grip = assault rifle" thing?
    Yep, it's similar to this one: California Rifles - U15 stock - It is about time we were able to use detachable magazines

So your wife appreciates/desires/likes...expensive guns? I can think of many worse problems one could endure with his wife...
    I'd say that you're a lucky guy!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Suffer!
    LOL.... HaHaHeHe....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

ooh ooh, i want a wilson too!
    if your too worried about the cost of a wilson, make sure she understands it isnt THAT much different than less expensive 1911s (although u are hearing it from someone who wants one)
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

VIP Member
    Does this mean she'll have to buy you diamonds?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

^^^^^^^^^

It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links