Lots of cool guns in this video game!

This is a discussion on Lots of cool guns in this video game! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody played Stranglehold? WOW! I should preface this little review with a note that I've got a super-amped up PC, and anyone who doesn't might ...

Thread: Lots of cool guns in this video game!

Anybody played Stranglehold? WOW! I should preface this little review with a note that I've got a super-amped up PC, and anyone who doesn't might not have such a great experience with the game. This assumes you can run it, and the specs are pretty huge. The attached thumbs are realtime gameplay.

Onward, my fellow gun aficionados. John Woo is a great director, and if you like his films, you know what to expect with this one. You get to play Chow Yun-Fat as Detective Tequila (yeah...that's sorta' dumb), and it actually follows John Woo's style of ultra-violence. Note the pic with the AR (I think...new Sig 550 perhaps?). You'll see a blurriness. That is because he is moving in ultra-slo-mo, a special feature you can use to spin around and take out everyone around you. It is like using Tequila as a smart-bomb! FUN!

This game is full of LOTS of fun-to-shoot stuff, and pretty much everything comes in two's. So much for realism, but it looks SOOOO tasty when our hero is mowing down thugs with twin Uzis or a Benelli M4! Several kinds of pistols, Shotguns, AR's, etc. are in the game, but the coolest part is that you can hit a button and zoom in on a particular enemy with time stopped. Then, when you hit the trigger, the camera follows the bullet all the way to the fleshy, bloody splatter at the end, where you're treated to a close-up of the baddie dying horribly....lots of brains and flying skull fragments with each kill. Cool.

Diving maneuvers, stairway slides and wall flips all earn you other abilities, and every single maneuver defies physics in a neato way. If you can't suspend disbelief for long enough to enjoy a really cool shooter, spend your money elsewhere. But, if you've ever seen Boiling Point or Face Off and enjoyed it, you're going to have a ball with this one. I play LOTS of games (yes, I'm a big boy who won't grow up in this regard. To my credit, I finish the game and move on. Once I'm done with one, I'm DONE). Very few hold up to MultiPlayer, and this one sucks. If you're looking for a good Multi, go with Call Of Duty 4.

Not for kiddies. I finished it in about 7 hours gametime (obviously not all at the same time), so it isn't very long. Overall, it gets a 7.
    Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I started really gaming with Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear on PC. Rogue Spear had some mods me and my friends downloaded that had hundreds of guns, each one realistic looking and sounding. I had even made a ghillie suit mod for Rogue Spear where I used the textures from the game itself to make the suits. It made you virtually invisible. I used to have screenshots where all you could see was the gun. Those were the days.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Gears of War also have really cool guns
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Sponsored Links