Favorite Music

Favorite Music

This is a discussion on Favorite Music within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What kind of music do you enjoy? What do you listen to most of the time, bands and genres? I have quite an eclectic taste ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Music

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Favorite Music

What kind of music do you enjoy? What do you listen to most of the time, bands and genres?

I have quite an eclectic taste in music. My rule is if it sounds good I'll listen to it. It doesn't matter what genre its in. I listen to a lot of old and new country. Charlie Daniels, Johny Cash, John Denver, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, etc... I listen to alot of alternative almost equal to country. Bands like 30 seconds to Mars, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Hawthorne Heights, and Oasis. 80's rock Aerosmith, AC/DC, Floyd, Zepplin, Billy Idol etc... modern rock like Metallica, Linkin Park, Daughtry, Creed and Nickelback. Then on occasion I listen to various random music everything from Rob Zombie, Nelly to Pavarotti.

The only thing I really don't like is a lot of that inner city rap. Some hip hop and rap artists are ok, but its not a favorite.

I enjoy classic rock (CCR and Floyd) but then I like harder rock like Metallica. I can also listen to some Johnny Cash but don't enjoy country or rap.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I'm all over the place, but my current fav. band is probably My Chemical Romance. I'm diggin Paramore too.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

that's not a fair question! i love many different artists. it would be easier to say what i didn't like: country/western music (except for the older, bad boy stuff), and top 40 pop/fluff crap, like britney spears and her ilk.

one of my top favorite artists ever has to be tom waits. i think he's one of the greatest songwriters america has ever produced. if anyone's interested, pick up albums like Rain Dogs, Bone Machine, Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and ********, or Frank's Wild Years. you will be convinced.

88m
    agree that it is easier to say what i didn't like and that is : rap and opera can not stand either one.
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Hate their politics but I'm looking forward to the new Black Crows release. Gov't Mule is in the CD player now.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

On a recent trip, my friend's wife looked through my iPod... ABBA, Zappa, Zepplin, Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields, Manilow, Paisley, Counting Crows, gospel, Dead Can Dance, Brubeck, Mannheim Steamroller, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Eagles... 40GB worth

She suggested that I might need profession help...

I am probably in the minority, but opera & classical! Just so you don't think I'm too off the wall, also like Beatles, CCR, Bluegrass. (I'm probably giving away my age), but I remember seeing Bob Dylan playing live in Greenwhich Village!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

My taste sounds a lot like allenruger's, minus the Cash.

I'm a guitarist and have been playing for 11 or 12 years. My 84 Strat is my pride and joy. I tend to judge bands based on talent; I like it when every musician has a challenging part to play. No "power chords and screaming" rock, no gangsta rap.

My top bands in no particular order:

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Santana, Ten Years After, The Who, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beatles, Nirvana, Soundgarden/Audioslave, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Clapton(incl. Cream , Derek&TheDominos , etc...) the Eagles, etc...

I'm pretty happy listening to anything but rap and "hardcore" country (I don't mind southern rock - lynard skynard is ok - but no twangy hoe-down style country for me, thanks). I've been known to like Jazz off and on, and I don't mind classical (real classical) but tend to dislike big band.

</end rant>

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

I like everything from Contemporary(Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Big Daddy Weave) to heavier stuff(POD, Kutless) and stuff in between (Benjamin's Gate, Barlow Girl) All just happen to be Christian bands, but not out of grandma's hymnal...

Plus my husband writes/arranges/and records his own instrumental music...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

I enjoy most types of music and vary my listening...except for 'rap' (which I think they spell incorretly, as it's missing a "C")

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2AMomma has a great list but I listen to a WIDE variety.
    Currently I have 8229 songs on my hard drive, 99.6 % I paid for! 36.6 Gigs worth.

C'mon, there has to be someone else out there that likes Opera
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

preferences are southern rock, 70's rock, '50's, '60's, '70's and '80's country, and bluegrass
    Last edited by artz; February 7th, 2008 at 01:21 PM.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Me? Ha, I am a hard core rock fan! You know, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Doors, Nirvana, Guns&Roses
    BUT I also listen to:
    Blues
    Country
    Blue Grass
    Disco
    Classic Rock
    Louie Armstrong
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links