Tactical Dreams

This is a discussion on Tactical Dreams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Am I the only one that is having tactical dreams? Meaning, I keep having dreams where I am having to defend myself and/or my family ...

Thread: Tactical Dreams

Tactical Dreams

Am I the only one that is having tactical dreams? Meaning, I keep having dreams where I am having to defend myself and/or my family and friends from BG's. In my dreams I am doing the right thing...or so it seems...I havent been shot yet and none of my family has been hurt.

Then when I am awake, I am constantly on guard....every where I do and thinking....what would I do if is such and such happens...

Am I alone in this matter?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Am I the only one that is having tactical dreams? Meaning, I keep having dreams where I am having to defend myself and/or my family and friends from BG's. In my dreams I am doing the right thing...or so it seems...I havent been shot yet and none of my family has been hurt.

Then when I am awake, I am constantly on guard....every where I do and thinking....what would I do if is such and such happens...

Maybe - maybe not. If you've just started carrying, you may be just a little anxious or nervous. Just try and relax - the world is not coming after you. Just stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Am I the only one that is having tactical dreams?
    Nope.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ng-hero-2.html

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

been there myself

I had a one or two right after I started CCW & during and just after had my home D plan set up.
    It was all new frame of mind for me.
    All of it seemed to saturate into my dreams like you.
    The concerns of CCW & home defense are now an everyday thing now – so I’m used to it.

The funny thing is I know I am dreaming, but its mostly in a tactical nature....like being Jack Bauer. Last night, I was a cop and I was ambushed with my partner. I made it back to the squad car to get the AR...and to make a long story short, I saved the day.

When I first started carrying I did. My gun always malfunctioned in my dreams. I'm more confident of my equipment and technique now. My dreams stopped a while ago.
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    When I first started carrying I did. My gun always malfunctioned in my dreams. I'm more confident of my equipment and technique now. My dreams stopped a while ago.
    Funny that you mentioned that...I had a dream last night that mine malfunctioned too. I went thru the clearing procedures and grabbed another mag and went to work....lol

Wow, my life is boring. Any suggestions on food or beer to help out.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Had a dream the other night that i needed my weapon, there was not one in the pipe, my magazine was all fouled up and i couldnt get a round to chamber. I hate dreams like that!!

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Go to the range. The malfunctioning gun dreams go away for me afterward. For a better explanation of these read "On combat" by David Grossman.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Funny you bring this up now, just this morning I woke up in a cold sweat - I had just had a pretty vivid dream, which is rare for me. I usually only remember a few dreams a month and with sketchy details at that.

I had been dreaming that three reasonably large-built BGs (two Latinos and one white guy) rolled up in my driveway in a black panel van and piled out with obvious malicious intent, while I was sitting in my hot tub (back deck) with my girlfriend. I remember grabbing a short, coach-style side-by-side shotgun (though the only shotguns I own are pump) and "hunkering down" in a room downstairs with the g/f, which is when I woke up. Something about "three of them and only two shells" was pretty disturbing.

Good thing my SD shotgun holds 8 :) Maybe a subliminal message that I need to practice with it more?

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Interesing. After packing for almost a year, I had my first last night. I walk up to one of my kids telling some beggar that I'll give him thirty bucks, then we follow him into his ghetto apartment to meet someone else to give the money to. Then on the way out we come across a robbery and I end up exchanging fire with the robber. I manage to hit him with my 2nd volley and he manages to still leave and I let him. I recall being afraid of going to jail, then the female cop talking about how we need more people like me.

Anyway, interesting that the OP, Pete, and I all had gun dreams last night. Anyone else.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    Sometimes, but, it is usually the VC and were hurtling at the ground at 450 kts.

Have had a couple/three of them over the years, but none recently. What I can recall is that each was about handling an assault on the street, getting cornered and dealing with turning the tables quickly. Like as not, it was recalling a few incidents like that when I was younger (you know ... schoolboy poundings).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Many years ago, I read one paragraph from one book on how to interpret tactical dreams. I suggest you guys don't go to sleep.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Links