Are some of these events planned?

This is a discussion on Are some of these events planned? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This isn't about someone who used a gun to defend against bad guys. I have become concerned about what appears to me to be a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are some of these events planned?

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Are some of these events planned?

This isn't about someone who used a gun to defend against bad guys.
    I have become concerned about what appears to me to be a concerted attack on our rights. Perhaps this post belongs elsewhere; but I put it here because all the events that I think are likely being planned out appear right here, in Personal Defense in the News.

I have long been a defender of gun rights. Back in 1989, a man named Patrick Purdy shot up a schoolyard in Stockton, CA using an AK-47 knockoff. Due to a number of facts surrounding that case, I am convinced that he (Purdy) was drugged or hypnotized and sent off to do this evil deed. Why? So as to produce support for the California assault weapon ban.

Think about it. What good does shooting up a schoolyard do for a petty crook like Purdy? And why use an assault rifle? And why was this happening right in the middle of attempts by anti-gunners to get an assault weapon ban passed in CA?

Fast forward to today. Now we see in the news, mall shootings, university shootings, "nutcases" shooting up city hall, etc. You know, there are folks that are very rich that hate America -- do you really think they don't have the wherewithall to concoct these events? All it takes is to find someone that is already disaffected or angry, who has a bone to pick, and do mind control on them and have them carry out whatever you want!

Our gun rights are under attack by evil people. We need to be aware of what is going on to deal with this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

2. Remove Ads

I'm prompted to agree.

Perhaps there IS a big conspiracy behind it all... but even if there's not... the unequal and escalating news coverage is certainly not "coincidental."

Remember that the mass media has an agenda, too.

Wow.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Really makes one wonder doesn't it? You wouldn't think that the 'powers that be' would stoop so low in their tactics would you? You only see things like this in the movies. 'Programming people to do evil deeds' they normally wouldn't do. Sometimes I wish I weren't so open minded.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I'm not buying it. That's the same as saying the government planned 9/11. Paranoia and suspicion can be a little overboard and this seems to be in my opinion.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Senior Moderator
    I moved this to Off Topic, because it is not really Personal Defense related
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Administrator
    My tinfoil hat is off at the cleaners, but I'll say I doubt it. At the same time, it wouldnt suprise me if it was true.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My tinfoil hat is off at the cleaners, but I'll say I doubt it. At the same time, it wouldnt suprise me if it was true.
    +1

I would tend to doubt it as well. A conspiracy of this proportion needs way too many people involved for it to stay secret for too long. But nothing is impossible.

DC Founder
    Politicians and government bureaucrats can't agree on anything and historically leak things to the media to garner support for their side of the argument. Why would anyone believe, even in passing, that they could pull something like this off in secret. Tinfoil it is.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Moderator
    Do I think such stupidity is planned ?

No.

Do I think that the gun grabbing communists use every opportunity to their advantage, milking the utmost out of each and every example?

Yes.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Nah...... I'm not gonna go there.

Sure hope I'm not wrong though!

Read "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" and "Unintended Consequences". Then read "Transfer of Wealth".
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Do I think such stupidity is planned ?

No.

Do I think that the gun grabbing communists use every opportunity to their advantage, milking the utmost out of each and every example?

Yes.
    +1!
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Politicians and government bureaucrats can't agree on anything and historically leak things to the media to garner support for their side of the argument. Why would anyone believe, even in passing, that they could pull something like this off in secret. Tinfoil it is.....
    Boss, you forgot your hat...

Right. It's all a vast conspiracy. And 9/11 was an inside job. Sheesh . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links