...and, so, what live concerts have you been to?

This is a discussion on ...and, so, what live concerts have you been to? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wanna see ministery! not much of a trent reznor fan. well since pretty hate machine...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ...and, so, what live concerts have you been to?

I wanna see ministery!
    not much of a trent reznor fan. well since pretty hate machine
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    KISS(1975,1st concert and 3 times since), Rush, Journey, Triumph x3, Nazerath x2, April Wine, Boston, Van Halen x2, Molly Hatchet x2, AC/DC x3, Ozzy x3, Black Sabbath x2, Judas Priest x2, Iron Maiden, Metallica x2, Black Crowes, Aerosmith x2, Ratt, Bon Jovi x2, Scorpions x2, Styx, Motley Crue x2, Rainbow, Ted Nugent x3, Cheap Trick x2, Steve Miller, John Mellencamp x2(1st time as John Cougar), Yes, Eagles, Reo Speedwagon, last 1, Talking Heads, my GF liked them and she was HOT so I suffered.

Hmm, country, Gary Allen, Martina Mcbride x2, Toby Keith x2, Allan Jackson, Kenny Chesney x2, Brooks & Dunn, Dirks Bentley and Sugarland.

burning down the house...lol
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    This really stresses my memory, since I started going to concerts in 1969-and I'm sure that I'm leaving some out.

Jimmy Buffett (at least 15 times)
    James Taylor
    Neil Diamond (also very many times, second to Jimmy)
    5th Dimension
    Barry Manilow (the real concert, not the current Vegas Show)
    John Denver
    Andy Williams
    Dan Fogelberg
    Neil Sedaka
    Loggins and Mecina
    Brewer & Shipley
    The Association
    Doobie Brothers (Jim Croce was to perform, cancelled due to a cold, and died not long after)
    Sergio Franki (Vegas showroom, not technically a concert, but no real difference)
    Elton John (I was the paramedic providing coverage for the coliseum- didn't like the seat they gave me, and wandered around. Ended up watching him from back stage- it was pretty cool, and I wasn't told to leave until time for Elton to come backstage)
    Steppenwolf (my very first concert, in Honolulu while on a nice trip, with Blue Cheer- bought the tickets the day of the show, sat in the 6th row, couldn't hear for a day afterwards)

And missing a concert that I really wanted to see, showed my new girlfriend (now wife) that I was very serious- I had managed to get front row tickets to see Bonnie Raitt at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. I lived here in Vegas. she lived in Silicon Valley, and we would alternate weekends flying back and forth. She hurt her back, and wasn't able to fly to get here for the concert. I gave the tickets to a friend, and few to Silicon Valley to be with her. That pretty much sealed our relationship.

Front row for Bonnie Raitt...that'd be a mighty tough decision for me! I headed up her security force when she performed in Phoenix in 1985. What a talent!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Oooo....now I gotta think
    Huey Lewis
    The Gatlin Bro.s
    Lee Greenwood
    Alabama
    George Strait
    Gary Allen
    Hank Jr.
    Mark Chestnut
    Clint Black
    Garth Brooks
    Allen Jackson
    Brad Paisley
    Dewight Yokam
    Sammy Kershaw
    Harry Connick Jr.
    Travis Tritt
    Clay Walker

There a couple-few more but I can't think of 'em all right this
    moment.

I will say one of my biggest disappointments was missing Jimmy Buffet's concert.....twice!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Lately...Trans-Siberian Orchestra - 3 years in a row. WoW!
    ...Rush - 1983 - Moving Pictures.
    ...Judas Priest - 1983 - Screaming for Vengence.
    ...Heart - 1984 - Babe le Strange.
    ...Kiss - 1987 - Lick it up. (no Makeup).

I've seen Alabama, Reba, Trace Adkins, Clay Davidson, Sawyer Brown. Those were here at Ft. Sill, I was shanghaied by the wife. Not my type of show. Also have seen a battle of the band formatted show with local bands, was fun.
    I didn't get out much in my teens.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I had tickets to the very last Waylon concert... but I didnt go.

I hate crowds, so I avoid things like concerts, but I've made some exceptions from time to time.
    I seen him in 82 or 83 West Palm Beach Auditorium.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    Outstanding....I went in 1999 or 1998 when I was working in NYC. Saw her at the Knitting Factory when she released "Malediction and Prayer." Her vocal range is incredible. Definitely see her whenever you can.

I also saw The Black Heart Procession.

OPFOR...our musical taste is very similiar; I always wanted to see Ministry, Meatbeat Manifesto, and NIN....love their stuff. I'm also a huge Cure fan (since "Faith" came out)...and have yet to have seen them. Others I would have loved to have seen are Siouxsie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, The Art of Noise, The Swans, Christian Death, Portishead, and Massive Attack.
    I saw NIN in one of their first concerts, in very early 1990, when they opened for Peter Murphy. I had only heard of them because I worked at my college radio station, and we got a promo copy of Pretty Hate Machine...I was sold. Disco with attitude! Trent was so drunk at the show, he knocked his guitarist into the audience and destroyed the drum kit halfway through the show...good times! I saw them again six months later - headlining.

I also would have loved to have seen Siouxsie, Bahaus, heck, all those bands. Bahaus recently toured again, but I was overseas. The one band I wish I'd seen more than any other is Joy Division, followed closely by The Smiths, but there's 0 chance for the former and very little for the latter.

Oh, I also saw The Dead Milkmen (in Philly!), 7 Seconds, They Might Be Giants...and I'm sure I'm still forgetting some.

I also saw Soundgarden in mid 1991 playing the back stage of the Capital Theater in Olympia, WA. There were about 100 people there... Awesome.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I've been to probably about 150 concerts in my life for various bands. Mostly death/speed metal. Probably the only thing most here would recognize is Ozzfest. For about 4 years I lived in moshpits.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    (SNIP)
    I also would have loved to have seen Siouxsie, Bahaus, heck, all those bands. Bahaus recently toured again, but I was overseas. The one band I wish I'd seen more than any other is Joy Division, followed closely by The Smiths, but there's 0 chance for the former and very little for the latter.(SNIP)
    I love Joy Division! They are still my favorite band...I absolutely would go back in time for one night to see them play live.....pre-90's New Order was good, but Bernard Sumner is no Ian Curtis.

BTW, last week I picked up the soundtrack for the film "Control."

The Smiths was a great group too. Just remembered, I saw Seven Mary Three, an excellent Goth group called Mors Syphilitic (a few years back in NYC) and Spyro Gyra ( lot of years ago in PR).

I'm a big Killing Joke, Morcheeba, and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds fan too....yet other groups I regret never seeing live.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

G&G
    Chicago, Mountain, Leon Russell, Dave Mason, Robin Trower, Johnny Winter, Wishbone Ash, Eric Clapton, Roger McGuinn, Sean Phillips, Bruce Springsteen (2X) George Benson, Chic Corea, Pat Metheny Group (2X)
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

Lead Moderator
    Only three:

Peter, Paul & Mary
    Pete Seger (sp?)
    Bob Dylan

I also made a Bob Hope Christmas show while I was in the military!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I say Little Anthony and the Imperials (1967) and the Rolling Stones (1968 I think) at Auburn University.
    One of the Imperials went to my Church when I was a kid. They actually played at a church dance when they were getting started...... One of the benefits (maybe the only one) of spending some of my early years growing up in NYC.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    KISS w/Skidrow and Ted Nugent opening

Beach Boys (hey I was 13,...haha)

Avenged Sevenfold

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Uh-oh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Rush, Kansas, Loverboy, Asia, Brett Michaels (former lead from Poison), Black Sabbath, and maybe some others I can't remember. Most of these were at the then new Kansas Coliseum north of Wichita in the late 70's to early 80's. Brett Michaels was January last year at the Icehouse in Bentonville, AR.
    Dang, I saw Rush, REO, BOC, Black Sabbath, Dio and Ozzy in the '70s and '80s. You must be near to a geezer, too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links