I feel naked

I feel naked

This is a discussion on I feel naked within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My daughter, 13 years old and driving me nuts by the way, has her boyfriend over to our house today and for dinner tonight. Nice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel naked

Unhappy I feel naked

My daughter, 13 years old and driving me nuts by the way, has her boyfriend over to our house today and for dinner tonight. Nice enough kid I guess but a little weird looking. Not in a punk rock or goth kind of way or anything. The kid just has a really really wide mouth. It's kind of freaky really. He looks like he could put a softball in his mouth. When he smiles the rest of his face almost vanishes...that kind of weird you know?

Anyway, I didn't want to scare the kid off....well, let me restate that. I actually do want to scare the kid off. I want to scare the crap out of the kid but, I promised that I wouldn't. So, one thing I decided to do is not wear my Glock so as not to scare him off and hurt my daughters feelings. But I don't like the feeling of a lite right hip. Know what I mean?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    So did you wear your Sig instead?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Snubbie in the pocket? And do scare him and tell us about it later
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I think you ought to wear it anyway. If it embarasses her - oh well, she will get over it! You are DAD! You are her PROTECTOR! Mr. Wide-mouth should have that idea clear as a bell!

imho...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    You can't conceal when he comes over??

I wouldn't want a 13 year old non-family member knowing I carried a gun. They are very braggadocios at that age and word would get out quickly. You should be careful.

I just reinforced with my daughter that my carry status is not public knowledge. She is OK with that. In fact, she just told me she got asked out by a real player. (My words. She was much more graphic. Surprising for a 16 year old.) I told her to tell him dad carries a gun. She went wide eyed and exclaimed, "Dad, you told me not to tell anyone." Thanks for the reminder honey.

I would just carry concealed while your daughter's friend is over. Shouldn't be a big deal if you carry everywhere else.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Okay - how about just set it on the table next to you during dinner??
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

Administrator
    I think if you sat at dinner naked that would have scared him off quicker than any ole plastic pistol.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by 2AMomma View Post
    I think you ought to wear it anyway. If it embarasses her - oh well, she will get over it! You are DAD! You are her PROTECTOR! Mr. Wide-mouth should have that idea clear as a bell!

imho...
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Senior Moderator
    I'd wear it at the dinner table in a shoulder holster...so he coud see it every time he looked at you.

I would casually mention that it has a hair trigger, and that any abnormal amount of stress might cause it to go off prematurely if you were aiming it at something.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'd wear it, If nothing else he will give it real consideration, prior to trying anything with your daughter.
    Jack dog

imho...
    Believe me, the kids knows what is what. And he does seem like a nice kid. I talked to him for a good bit. I'll wait to scare the crap out of her boyfriends for when she actually starts dating. That will be at 15 years old or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So did you wear your Sig instead?
    Nope, I have a snubbie in my pocket. I may feel naked with out my Glock but I will not go unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Snubbie in the pocket? And do scare him and tell us about it later
    See above....

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    You can't conceal when he comes over??

I wouldn't want a 13 year old non-family member knowing I carried a gun. They are very braggadocios at that age and word would get out quickly. You should be careful.
    That was part of my thinking Exactly...the other part being, I didn't want him going home and telling his Mom and Dad that his girlfriend carries a gun around the house. Then I get a call asking me if I was trying to intimidate their son. If that wasn't it, they might not take family security as serious as me and may consider me a nut. Then he isn't allowed to see my daughter anymore and suddenly I am the bad guy.

I appreciate all the "Carry anyway, it's your house do what you want" comments and the sentiment, but I don't think those who suggest that course of action really understand being a parent.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Don't forget also, that at this age, a long term relationship is anything that lasts more than week.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I completely understand being a parent... but I only have boys, so that whole girl thing would probably cloud my judgement - although just try and stop her brothers and her dad from carrying...NEVER HAPPEN!!

I completely understand being a parent... but I only have boys, so that whole girl thing would probably cloud my judgement - although just try and stop her brothers and her dad from carrying...NEVER HAPPEN!!
    Same here...though her brothers aren't old enough to carry yet, my oldest son has a nice Sig P239. He just doesn't own it yet. As soon as he is of age, he will.

I have 4 boys and a girl. And one thing I can tell you, girls are SOOOO much different from boys it is amazing. It's a completely different experience raising a girl than a boy. My oldest son (17) has alread put the fear of Dad in her boyfriend. My son who is just a year younger than her boyfriend has already made friends with him and is spying and reporting back to me and the 5 year old twins are distracting him and annoying them both so much that they haven't had a chance to so much a steal a smooch! The plan is working perfectly ha ha ha!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

So keep a pair of boots and a dirty shovel by the door instead....put some small crosses in the backyard with random names "Bill".."Tim".....and then one blank one

Or, frame this by the door (updated accordingly)

See Rule #6
    Attached Files
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links