Another eHarmony incompatible match?

This is a discussion on Another eHarmony incompatible match? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not above learning from my mistakes. I listened to what everyone here said about my Second Amendment comment to that DOJ lady and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another eHarmony incompatible match?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Another eHarmony incompatible match?

I am not above learning from my mistakes. I listened to what everyone here said about my Second Amendment comment to that DOJ lady and I took it to heart.

So on my next eHarmony match, I took it much more, shall we say, subdued. We made it through all the communication stages and I ended up calling her last night. I live in Oregon, she lives in Michigan. That presents its own problems but I think we have deeper ones.

The conversation started out cordial and safe. We got into her history. She mentioned that she lived in LA and Washington, DC, two of the highest crime infested cities in the country. (Her words, not mine.) Oh, really, I ask. Did you ever feel unsafe? She said sometimes, but she had a real good sense of SA and was able to avoid any trouble.

As the conversation unfolded, other things came up. Here are the major issues I discovered:

1. I just bought a Remington 870, she just bought a Mossberg.
    2. I shoot Glocks. She shoots H&K.
    3. I am (now) an NRA Life Member (thanks to that $300 special going on) she is only an annual member.
    4. She wants to hunt and kill Bambi, I don't think I could shoot a four legged creature.

I think the relationship is doomed.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

You're being sarcastic right? She sounds great, based only on what you've shared so far.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Administrator
    Well, at least she can feed you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You will learn to love venison.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    It sounds like you might have met your match. If you end up together, just think of all the guns in your combined stable.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post

As the conversation unfolded, other things came up. Here are the major issues I discovered:
    4. She wants to hunt and kill Bambi, I don't think I could shoot a four legged creature.
    Me neither. Good for you.

Ron
    Last edited by Scott; February 11th, 2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I guess you could use red paint in your paintball gun - shoot Bambi - and then your new girlfriend could aim at the red dot.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    If your a vegitarian thats an ok point of view. If not then she's just cutting out the middle man for you.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

You finally found a gun-friendly woman who's willing to put meat on the table, and you're gonna turn her down? Refer her to me!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Everyone (I think) in Michigan hunts/kills/eats venison. Sometimes we runs them down with our vehicles and then eats them as road kill. Around here you cannot get away from them.

+1 for getting dinner with your car
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    +1 for getting dinner with your car
    Sometimes someone else will have come along and done it for you.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    She sounds great, but have you told her about your experience with pepper spray yet?
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    IAs the conversation unfolded, other things came up. Here are the major issues I discovered:

1. I just bought a Remington 870, she just bought a Mossberg.
    2. I shoot Glocks. She shoots H&K.
    3. I am (now) an NRA Life Member (thanks to that $300 special going on) she is only an annual member.

Only by distance, not by anything in that list. If she shoots deer, she also knows how to butcher them and cook the meat. That's a good woman.

She sounds like she has real potential. Too early to know if she is a keeper or not, but so far the signs are good.

I was born and raised in MI, so was my wife. "Everybody" in MI hunts deer.

My wife had more guns than I for decades. She went deer hunting in her youth, I didn't. Back in the day, (I was in HS in the 50's) guys, and an occasional girl, would bring their hunting rifles and a few rounds of ammo (in a coat pocket) to school (in a soft case), put them in their locker. After school one of their friends dads could pick them all up and take them deer hunting. That didn't happen just once in a while, it happened a lot.

A hunting license diaplayed on the back of one's jacket was common.

Nobody thought anything of it. I always carried a jack knife - I kept it as sharp as a razor - my dad said a dull knife was not worth carrying, and terrible to whittle with. All the guys carried a jack knife. That is just how it was then.

Only the bad guys with DA haircuts carried switch blades. None of the rest of us wanted one, they nearly always had terrible steel in the blades, wouldn't hold an edge, and were terrible to whittle with.

I carry a Leatherman Wave now. I also carry a Walther PPK/S, I didn't back in the day. Didn't need one back then either.

Fitch

Talking

Mmmm.... Bambi.....
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links