Jericho

This is a discussion on Jericho within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just noticed Jericho is back on TV (for those that watch it). I didn't know it was starting again, so it was a nice ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jericho

Jericho

I just noticed Jericho is back on TV (for those that watch it). I didn't know it was starting again, so it was a nice surprise.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Lost part of it due to heavy rains in SoFla but I think I caught most of it. Am I the only one that grits his teeth at the new US Flag?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Yeah Miggy, I gritted my teeth on that as well. I just hope the next few episodes are as good as the first season was. This has been one of my favorite shows. I really hated to see them cancel it, but viewer protests brought it back at least long enough to wrap it up.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

New US Flag? Does anyone have a picture of this flag?

I haven't watched the show other than the very first 3 or 4 of the first season....lost interest and didn't think the show was all that good but it has a following for sure.

So, someone tell me, what the heck happened anyway? Have they explained who attacked us or whatever? Someone let me know because that was the only thing I was interested in finding out.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    It is still unknown who attacked the US. So far they are hinting at a inside conspiracy. I do hope they don't end up saying that George Bush was involved... although the President is dead in the series victim of the nuke in Washington.

This is the new flag. According to the series, the US is split in three: Cheyenne which comprises all the states west of the Miss, Ohio that covers the rest of the east and then Texas whose inhabitants are being texans.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    New US Flag? Does anyone have a picture of this flag?

I haven't watched the show other than the very first 3 or 4 of the first season....lost interest and didn't think the show was all that good but it has a following for sure.

So, someone tell me, what the heck happened anyway? Have they explained who attacked us or whatever? Someone let me know because that was the only thing I was interested in finding out.
    I have the new season DVRed and am planning on seeing it tonight.

As far as the new flag:

From Wikipedia:

United States flag

In the season finale, "Why We Fight", Heather Lisinski sees what appears to be an alternate U.S. flag flying at Camp Liberty in southern Nebraska. Early advertisements for season two have revealed that it is the flag of the newly renamed "Allied States of America."

The flag has 13 vertical stripes, alternating red and white, with 21 stars arranged in a closed octagon upon a blue field. The design of this ensign echoes the historical representation of the United States Treasury Department Revenue Ensign[1], which has been described as representing civil maritime law enforcement agency as opposed to a military maritime law enforcement agency. The Revenue Ensign, however, contains 16 vertical stripes in homage of the 16 States in the Union at the time the Ensign was designed. A flag similar to this was at one time flown over U.S. Customs buildings, and being slightly modified is in use by the US Coast Guard.

A similar change can be seen on the shoulders of troops, who are now wearing a badge with the new flag.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

VIP Member
    EW3, thanks for the info
    Randy Cain.

I used to copy Morse code and was quite good at it 30 years ago. During the past season I copied all the Morse at the beginning of the show and didn't have any trouble but last nights for some reason I just can't get it. Was anyone of you radio guys able to copy it and understand it?
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Glad to see it back as it is one of my favorite shows. And yea, the flag does make you want to !
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Jericho is one of my favorite shows the other being 24, which who knows when its coming back on the air hopefully soon, anyways Jericho is awesome can't wait till next week's episode Jake as Sheriff I thank thats going to be cool. I have heard there is only going to be 7 episodes which will explain everything, I guess we will see.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

if you missed episodes....checkout Television, Video, Community Official CBS Home Page and watch them online. I missed it last night since I was stranded at work.....ice and washington d.c. traffic do not mix, so I didn't get home until 0100 this morning.

Fortunately, there was DC.com
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Uh oh... Constitutional convention? Does not sound too good!

It was nice to see the other flag:
    Randy Cain.

although Jerico is an interesting show they lost me when they started having the actors do stuff that was so off the wall impossible to do and not get killed I went elsewhere.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Sheldo, we are talking CBS here, not Discovery Channel!
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Sheldo, we are talking CBS here, not Discovery Channel!
    Oh I get it out of work soap opera writers...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links