Apparent AD at car dealership

This is a discussion on Apparent AD at car dealership within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had intended to post this news article with my comments inserted into the text, but I had so many, it cluttered it up too ...

Thread: Apparent AD at car dealership

VIP Member

Apparent AD at car dealership

I had intended to post this news article with my comments inserted into the text, but I had so many, it cluttered it up too much. I will say if I had been the dealership owner I might be tempted to start a 30 day special promotion......"Free shotgun with each car purchase" (When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade)

Manager won't face charges for gunshot wound
    By Abbey Brown
    Alexandria, Louisiana

A manager at a local car dealership who last week accidentally shot himself in the leg at the dealership won't face criminal charges, police said.

Frank Diaz, general sales manager at Hixson Autoplex, located at 2506 S. MacArthur Drive in Alexandria, suffered minor injuries and was treated at a local hospital.

This is what happened at around 3:45 p.m. Thursday, according to an Alexandria Police Department report:

Diaz was sitting at his desk in his office, took out a semiautomatic handgun, and while he was trying to unload the Kimber .45-caliber gun, it discharged. A bullet passed through Diaz's upper left thigh, above his knee.
    Diaz told police he then unloaded the gun and had a co-worker drive him to the hospital, where police met him to take the report.

Police took the gun and fired a bullet as evidence, according to the report.

Dallas Hixson, the dealership's general manager, said Tuesday he isn't sure why Diaz brought the weapon to the dealership but that it is far from normal behavior. Since the incident, Hixson said he has made it clear that no weapons of any type are to be brought to the dealership.

He said he knows Diaz is embarrassed about the incident but knows that he is blessed that his injuries were so minor and that no one else was hurt. Hixson said he isn't sure if there were others in Diaz's office, but he did say he knows there weren't a lot of people around when it happened, nor any customers.

"Thank goodness it happened in his office and not in the showroom in front of customers or with a lot of people around," Hixson said. "... If something like this had to happen, we are blessed it happened like this with no one seriously injured."

Diaz was back to work the next day, Hixson said.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Dallas Hixson, the dealership's general manager, said Tuesday he isn't sure why Diaz brought the weapon to the dealership but that it is far from normal behavior.
    He isn't very bright, then. One need only wake up in the morning, to see that things aren't as they should be.

Since the incident, Hixson said he has made it clear that no weapons of any type are to be brought to the dealership.
    That's right. Prior to understanding the motivation or reasoning, ban the "bad" tool.

"Thank goodness it happened in his office and not in the showroom in front of customers ..."
    Sounds like the "Larry Hincker" (VA Tech) defense. So concerned about how people feel about something, that it's clouding his understanding about the motivation for being armed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

Correction: ND rather than AD

A guess it was a little bit too early this morning when I posted this, and no coffee yet. Now on my second cup, I'm thinking more clearly and this was most likely a ND.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Why is it that people feel the need to mess with their weapon during the day....?

Leave the damn thing alone!

[snip]Diaz was sitting at his desk in his office, took out a semiautomatic handgun, and while he was trying to unload the Kimber .45-caliber gun, it discharged. A bullet passed through Diaz's upper left thigh, above his knee.
    Yeah, guns (especially high quality ones like a Kimber) just "discharge". "I was just cleaning it when it went off! Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?"
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Nd would be the correct term, No such animal as an AD.
    Jack dog

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Diaz was sitting at his desk in his office, took out a semiautomatic handgun, and while he was trying to unload the Kimber .45-caliber gun, it discharged. A bullet passed through Diaz's upper left thigh, above his knee.
    Better send it back to Kimber. Can't have this thing just goin' off when nobody's pulling the trigger.

Why do they always ban the gun, they should ban the idiot that shot himself.

Here's your sign...
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

other than being a moron, why was he unloading at his desk.
    why not just stand up so everyone can see.
    idiots like that,
    that give a bad name to the rest of us.
    i'm sure the anti's will enjoy reading that.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    Wait, he was shot with a .45! How could he possibly be back at work the next day, when everyone knows you get blown into a million pieces when a .45 even comes within a few feet of you!

Seriously, just dumb. Broke every one of the rules, and ended up with a nice hole in his leg for his troubles, as well as making sure that now, no one in his shop can responsibly carry their own weapon.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links