McCain?

McCain?

This is a discussion on McCain? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well boys and girls it looks like we have the choice for President of McCain V Obama and/or Clinton. I hate the thought of voting ...

Thread: McCain?

McCain?

Well boys and girls it looks like we have the choice for President of McCain V Obama and/or Clinton.

I hate the thought of voting for McCain. I don't like him nor do I trust him. But this piece from Bob Leibowitz might make that vote a little easier to digest. If you are considering sitting this one out or doing a protest vote for a non-contender I respectfully ask you to consider this-

"John McCain is not my first choice. Nor my second. Probably not even third. My differences can be summed up with I don't trust him. Not on politics, not on temperament. My distaste reaches almost to the point of saying that I cannot stand the thought of him leading the government for the next four years.

Almost.

Then I remember my duty to our 1,426,700 active duty military personnel, the men and women who have put their lives on the line to protect us and our future.

As a citizen I have a duty to do whatever I can to provide our military with the best commander in chief possible under the circumstances. To allow either of the candidates of the Democrat Party—one who knows nothing (and doesn't know even that!) and the other who knows only how to order appetizers from those White House waiters—to allow either to command our military would be near-traitorous to our troops.

I cannot do that to our troops.

No matter McCain's failings and limitations, he will take care of our troops.

That gets my vote. That (sigh), in this time of hot war, deserves my enthusiastic support.

The silver lining is that the possibility of McCain winning will scare the hell out of America's enemies, foreign and domestic."

CANTICLE4LEIBOWITZ.COM

"John McCain is not my first choice. Nor my second. Probably not even third. My differences can be summed up with I don't trust him. Not on politics, not on temperament. My distaste reaches almost to the point of saying that I cannot stand the thought of him leading the government for the next four years.
    This is how I feel about all politicians. I'm guessing I'm not alone with this either.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Administrator
    Sorry!
    We are only permitting political threads directly related to gun and carry issues and not politics in general.
    It's pretty much preaching to the Choir here on DC because none of our members vote for anti-gun candidates anyway.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links