Obama's Stand on Gun Ownership

This is a discussion on Obama's Stand on Gun Ownership within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (Personal Note: The following is from Obama's Web Site. It seems to me that there is something missing... like being able to own guns for ...

Thread: Obama's Stand on Gun Ownership

Obama's Stand on Gun Ownership

(Personal Note: The following is from Obama's Web Site. It seems to me that there is something missing... like being able to own guns for protection and defense. Am I missing something here?)
    =======================================
    Barack Obama did not grow up hunting and fishing, but he recognizes the great conservation legacy of America’s hunters and anglers and has great respect for the passion that hunters and anglers have for their sport.

Were it not for America’s hunters and anglers, including the great icons like Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold, our nation would not have the tradition of sound game management, a system of ethical, science-based game laws and an extensive public lands estate on which to pursue the sport. Obama recognizes that we must
    forge a broad coalition if we are to address the great conservation challenges we face.

America’s hunters and anglers are a key constituency that must take an active role and have a powerful voice in this coalition.

PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
    Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters own and use guns each year. Millions more participate in a variety of shooting sports such as sporting clays, skeet, target and trap shooting that may not necessarily involve hunting. As a former constitutional law professor, Barack Obama understands and believes in the
    constitutional right of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Kind of a glaring omission, I'd say!

But then, the last thing any liberal wants is a self-reliant populace.....

Administrator
    Although he is far from my first choice, Obama is not a stupid man. I think he knows that coming right out and saying he is against the 2A is the kiss of political death.

I just wanted to say that before this thread gets closed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I'm closing the thread before it goes the way of all Obama threads.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links