War of the Worlds

This is a discussion on War of the Worlds within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A few months ago we went to see the movie "War of the Worlds", I thought it was pretty good as far as special effects. ...

Thread: War of the Worlds

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar

War of the Worlds

A few months ago we went to see the movie "War of the Worlds", I thought it was pretty good as far as special effects. The one thing that I found disturbing was the view point of how humanity in general would react. Carjackings, murder just so they themselves could survive. As pessimistic as I was I still felt it was an extreme view. I am posting this to say...

I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will always admit it in the few circumstances where I am.

The things that are happening in New Orleans and the surrounding areas are exactly what I saw in that movie. It is disturbing to hear reports of rapes, murders and carjackings BY people in trouble AGAINST people in trouble.

I now believe the worst of people, when bad things happen, bad people thrive. People used to say I was paranoid because I keep my magazines loaded and exta cases of ammo. Well they will think I'm nuts now. I bought 10 more magazines for my AR-15 and a case of ammo for every weapon I own.

So the question begs...what do you think of the human race now that you see them in this current situation?????
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

2. Remove Ads

The Looters, who are tagging everything in sight, besides food to survive on, should be given the one way ticket to hell.
    I can see people who are trying to survive, BUT not the ones who are preying off the destitute. The gangs and thugs should be lined up, and fed a diet of lead..
    You'll not see things happen to me, or my Family and friends.. They know that when we meet, due to such a catastrophy, we're all in it together, to survive. Considering what I have for weapons, I don't think the Bgs would consider me as a easy target..

Assistant Administrator
    The stark truth brings it all home doesn't it - and some.

Not surprisingly perhaps at my age - I am pretty cynical - and that includes my disgust at part of humanity and the way it behaves toward others. My wish for retribution against the major perpetrators is darned near illegal!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    The stark truth brings it all home doesn't it - and some.

Not surprisingly perhaps at my age - I am pretty cynical - and that includes my disgust at part of humanity and the way it behaves toward others. My wish for retribution against the major perpetrators is darned near illegal!!!
    I'm sitting here thinking there is a bit of good news..... The gangs of perps that are running around doing this crap don't have electricity, and may bot know that the troops have been given the order to "shoot to kill".

Now if the troops will only use the athority they have been given.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator

Post I heard/saw Today On TV

It's interesting that I saw/heard today that the Police & the TV reporter had to barricade themselves up on the Police Station rooftop to sleep for the night in order to keep the police station secure.
    They (The Police Officers) were trading nightime shots from the rooftops with "Flood Victims" that were taking pot~shots at the LEOs up on the roof.
    Unreal!

B.T.W. ~ I liked the "War Of The Worlds" movie.
    My wife fell asleep.
    Last edited by QKShooter; September 3rd, 2005 at 12:10 AM.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    QK,

Did you like the movie AND your wife fell asleep, or did you like the movie BECAUSE your wife fell asleep?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Links