Johny rambo vs CHL

This is a discussion on Johny rambo vs CHL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; just something from a while back thought it would amuse a few folks, fyi Johny rambo is now out in the general public again, after ...

Thread: Johny rambo vs CHL

Johny rambo vs CHL

just something from a while back thought it would amuse a few folks, fyi Johny rambo is now out in the general public again, after serving his share of a 6 year sentence he plead to, total time served about 20 months from my estimate but could be more cause they just sent me another "reminder" that he has been granted parole again. Grr.

2. Remove Ads

The picture is difficult to see clearly...maybe it's my 60 y/o eyes...any more info to go with this? When? Where? Who?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    ???
    "Just blame Sixto"

My 20/20 vision and 22 year old eyes say its not the best photo in the world, looks to be a CCTV picture.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

M2
    Double click on the photo to get a bigger sized pic. Apparantly it is some guy with a gun approaching a guy with a knife who is allegedly under the influence of meth...don't know the story behind it all, though...

Cheers! M2

1943 - 2009
    Is there a point to this thread?

You folks in Texas probably know what this is all about, but what about the rest of us?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Is there a point to this thread?
    Yup, but it appears it's only on the knife!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Click on picture. Press and hold down CTRL key [bottom LHS of key board] and turn wheel on top of mouse. This will get it closer.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Hmmm...I'm from Texas and have no idea what the heck this is!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    What I can piece together some guy named Johnny Rambo pulled a knife on someone who was armed with a handgun. Subsequently Johnny Rambo went to jail and served 20 months. He has been released on parole somewhere in the state of Texas. Since the OP received notification I have to assume he was a "victim" of Johnny Rambo.

Could be related to this thread?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ears-back.html
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    What I can piece together some guy named Johnny Rambo pulled a knife on someone who was armed with a handgun. Subsequently Johnny Rambo went to jail and served 20 months. He has been released on parole somewhere in the state of Texas. Since the OP received notification I have to assume he was a "victim" of Johnny Rambo.

Could be related to this thread?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ears-back.html

Yeah, it is the same story, basically this criminal, Justo Munoz, aka Johny Rambo thought it would be a good Idea to try and pull a 6" hunting knife on me instead of returning a beer, I had pushed him back/ used what i was told was a snakebite, (open hand strike to his throat) when he first started reaching and backed up, he came at me and flailed, striking me a few times with glancing blows, sad part is I was just happy at that point that what ever it was he was reaching for was still in his pants.

He then retreated to a "safe" distance and tried to pull the knife again, at this point I drew my weapon and had an adreneline dump, the poem from the link above is about controlling the emotion involved in this situation, it was lucky for this guy he finally looked up when he did and saw the handgun, at which point he wisely decided he didnt want to kill me anymore.

Strange how my commands didnt mean a thing to the guy, I was telling him to drop it before my gun cleared holster, he was comming foward and the only thing that stopped him was his fear of being shot. For all you tueller drill folks the total time between him reaching and me "Covering the threat" even though I was already in code red was about .83 seconds, The cctv shoots at 24 frames per second, and I went over that tape about 1,000 times.
    Johny Rambo was not proficient with his weapon, had he been a little faster on drawing it from its sheath I would have had no choice regarding shooting him, What is sad is that When I saw him retreating I was happy thought it was over, when he started reaching again I had the "oh crap" if it had been a gun I would have been in trouble because while he drew the knife and scabbard out I was slower than him on the draw, YEah .83 seconds was slow, thats scary. Bottom line is this crook drew his knife while it was still in its scabard and ignored my commands to drop it, when he got it unsheathed he was advancing on me ( i should have been backing up I didnt) the only thing that stopped this idiot was his fear of being shot, NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I DONT WANT TO SHOOT ANYONE OVER A $2 dollar beer, that was not the case here, He could have returned the beer to the store, instead he decided my life was worth less than that same $2 beer. I GOT LUCKY, the only thing that saved my bacon was my draw time and his fear, had he not stopped when he looked up and saw the gun I would have had to shoot him, and I honestly dont think I would have moved off the X, I knew I should be backing up and didnt, I was focused on the threat (knife) I learned a lot that day, probably the most important lesson for me is that the ability to get to my pistol quickly is paramount to survival, I also learned that when the adreneline dumps into you like it did me that day your body takes over. I know I should have backed up, I froze and fixated on the threat, didnt seek cover, but probably my biggest sin was allowing him to actually get the knife out of the sheath, My thoughts at that time where that a sheathed knife is not a threat, WRONG. had JohnyRambo not seen the gun, or decided to ignore it I would have been in a bad situation, at 13 FT I was way too close to allow him to get that weapon out, on the other hand had I shot him I am sure his pansy friend would have claimed he was not a real threat because the knife had not left the scabbard, IF I ever am in that situation again I wont make that mistake again.
    What was even more frustrating was the fact that the guy was able to plead down to simple robbery from aggrevated robbery deadly weapon, and dealing with the TXDCJ is just another insult to the victim, I filed my objection to his early release, got no response, send a second copy, emailed them, and followed up. What I got out of all my effort was that he had additional terms placed on his parole, "cant come within 200 yards of store, or communicate with its employees" that makes me feel real safe. The guy was willing to kill over a $2 beer, do they really think telling him he cant come within 200 yards of the store again is going to stop him if he wants some payback? Ok sorry for the long rant, just hope someone can learn a lesson from my mistakes.

Senior Moderator
    Man, you guys need to import our 85% rule.

Other than a pine box, there is no release from a Florida prison until you've done 85% of the sentence in prison.

Watch your 6 in case the guy does decide he is interested in retribution.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Wow. That is way too close with a knife!! I'm glad you survived...too bad about the other guy, being released early and all. That sucks. I imagine he's been stewing in prison planning his revenge for a while...watch your back!!

Austin

Watch your back bro. Scum never learns. Too bad you didn't double tap him.

Links