At last, making the move.

This is a discussion on At last, making the move. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ooo, moving to the country. you will love it!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At last, making the move.

ooo, moving to the country. you will love it!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

2. Remove Ads

I live ~45min from where you describe, beautiful country. If you get bored and feel the itch to shoot, a good range is close. owensville gun club has a good outdoor range w/ separate pistol, rifle, and shotgun areas. Lots of organized shoots on weekends and Tue/Thr nights.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

VIP Member
    Thanks Ghuqu2 for that info. Sounds like a great place and so much cheaper than here. Is owenville close to where I'm moving to?

Nothing beats 'country living'...enjoy!
    Get a big dog or two...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Just an update of my move. We moved all my furniture last Saturday and a few hours after we got at least 5 inches of snow. But the move was made in time to avoid the snow. I absolutly love it out here. When the sun goes down out here it is DARK. Not like St. Louis where there are street lights. Getting phone service was a little strange. When I ordered local service I thought it would cover all the 573 area but it doesn't. It just covers my closes town, No wonder it was so cheap. Had to get the expensive package with unlimited long distance to get online and to be able to call Rolla where my doctors will be. A big storm is hitting us tonight so earlier I went into town to learn the area of my town and do some grocery shopping before the storm. Had 3 strangers tell me good morning. I was stunned. Never had that happen to me before except for my mother and she doesn't count. The town was filled with tourist Saturday due to it being opening day in Missouri for trout fishing. In town I found the best burger ever at Johnny's. Its an old time bar and grill in town. The walls are covered in arrow head and all kinds of old interesting stuff. When I entered I knew I stuck out like a sore thumb. I didn't have a camo John Deere baseball cap but thats just a small investment to fit in. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer I plan to join the Owensville Gun Club, It sounds like a great place. I was told takeing the back roads will get me there sooner. Well I just wanted everone to know the move went well and I'm very happy out here. I'll miss St. Louis but I like it out here much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    I absolutly love it out here. When the sun goes down out here it is DARK. ..........Had 3 strangers tell me good morning. I was stunned. ..............In town I found the best burger ever at Johnny's. Its an old time bar and grill in town. ......... I didn't have a camo John Deere baseball cap ..........
    You get to see stars! The Milky Way! Good burgers........Sounds like you're going to love it and fit in well.

Congrats!

Assistant Administrator
    Ben - glad you have managed to get things all moved - now I guess how to actually get straight!

Does sound good - nice area, nice local folks and real dark at night - pretty much idyllic. Enjoy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links