Be Green - Don't Recycle

This is a discussion on Be Green - Don't Recycle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, I'm sure someone else has already thought of this, but its late so here goes: If you believe in Human Induced Global Warming, then ...

Thread: Be Green - Don't Recycle

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar

Lightbulb Be Green - Don't Recycle

Ok, I'm sure someone else has already thought of this, but its late so here goes:

If you believe in Human Induced Global Warming, then you should not recycle paper.

Paper is made from trees. Trees take CO2 from the atmosphere. The more paper we use, the more trees are made into paper, the more ends up buried in landfills and that carbon is "sequestered".

So be Green and stop recycling paper. It's for the children (they'll live in the environment longer than us old farts)!

:outtahere

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a good one. Humans exhale about 2 pounds of CO2 per day. Earth now is holding some 6 billion people so that makes some 12 billion pounds of CO2 produced everyday by just breathing. What do we do? Nukes?

Next time you get tired of arguing with an Eco-idiot, tell him that he is responsible for manafacturing 730 pounds of CO2 a year just for being alive and that you are willing to do your part for Nature by removing him from the ecosystem altogether and for good.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    Hahaha - now I gotta decide whether BG's are still ''oxygen thieves'' or now perhaps ''CO2 dumpers'' LOL.

One thing I love about summer in PA, is seeing the millions of trees around me on the mountains and ridges - knowing how they are replenishing the O2 and, pulling down the CO2. Some of the rain forrest has been lost but heck - even round here we must have trillions of acres of trees.

A thought - ''matter can neither be created or destroyed'' - so with CO2 it is not the amount per se, as much as the speed of release. It was always there and the planet has always had it - and the planet is a ''living'' thing with ways to accomodate change - just that sometimes it doesn't quite suit us as convenient (huggers please note!).
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Interesting About Pennsylvania

The Recycle program in PA was going really well.
    Folks were being really GREEN & sorting all their refuse.
    That created a situation of not enough rubbish to fill up the Pennsylvania Land Fills so....PA. started to take unsorted trash in from Ohio & W. Virginia were most people did not Recycle.
    You can't win...it's all about the $money$ &
    not about the Earth...at least here in PA.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Me walking out of the grocery store

Fresh faced young lady with a Green Peace clipboard: "Pardon me, sir. Do you have a moment for the environment?"

Me :diablotin : "Of course...I'm commited to the total destruction of the environment"

FFYL: "What?"

Me: "Well, yes. It's my personal goal to leave no breathable air or drinkable water for the next generation."

FFYL: "Are you serious?"

Me: (with straight face) "Sure" :chairshot

FFYL:

Me: "Have a nice day!" Walks away
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    QK - you'd think anyone would be pleased to slow the rate of landfill - odd approach that.

Oh and don't forget - the trucks of garbage from NJ too IIRC.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Yukky Stuff

Well, I personally do not litter. A habit that I developed early on. So...if it's mine & it's garbage I get it into a trash can.
    I'm not in the garbage business so...whatever "they" do with it after that...I have no real direct control over.
    Some environmental things that are being done these days are good like getting the unnecessary solvents out of paint products & the like.
    I think where it's POSSIBLE to make a product that is "just as good" with less harmful stuff in it...then I'm sure OK with that.
    I think that people should always be looking for alternative pesticides & chemicals that are less directly toxic to wildlife and us.
    We don't need to lose the American Bald Eagle because a few specific ingested pesticides are making the eagle egg shells too thin for the eggs to survive & hatch.
    There is no need to get all totally spastic about it though.
    My wife works for a chemical co. & it is unreal how many steps & precautions they take to keep GREEN & zilch nonpolluting.
    The Green Peace people are CRAZY though.
    Animal life should never be place above human life.
    The wacko Green Peace greenies probably LOVE the fact that Mother Nature LASHED OUT against Human Beings and sent us that terrible Hurricane...UNTIL they find out that all that contaminated waste water and raw sewage from N.O. is being pumped directly into the Lake.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links