You're Invited To a Gun BAKE! Yum Yum

This is a discussion on You're Invited To a Gun BAKE! Yum Yum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You Must Click Here. Guns Into FOOD! NEED MORE IRON IN YOUR DIET??? Gun Bakes Gun Bakes are public events where guns are heated up ...

Administrator

You Must Click Here.

Guns Into FOOD!
    NEED MORE IRON IN YOUR DIET???
    Gun Bakes

Gun Bakes are public events where guns are heated up in a forge to 2500 degrees F and then transformed into art by professional blacksmiths and their teenage apprentices. Often in collaboration with local community groups and/or schools, these events commonly take place at or near the site of a gun-related death and aim to help communities psychologically reclaim parks and schools after the tragedy.

Peaceful Streets works with professional blacksmiths to melt down assault weapons and turn them into memorial park benches and/or bicycle racks for parks or schools, as well as candleholders and jewelry.

Creating these lasting fixtures in honor of a victim of gun violence is a way of transforming the negative power of violence into a positive, lasting memory. Hold a Gun Turn-In in your community and the guns you collect and donate to Peaceful Streets will become part of an art piece commemorating a person killed by gunfire.

I THINK THEY MUST MEAN PIECE~ful STREETS.

Please Buy A Metal Flower made from a gun...or DONATE one of your guns.

A Thousand Flowers

When someone donates a revolver to Peaceful Streets, we will organize a group of teens in a high crime area to help destroy, melt, and transform it into a metal flower. This is part of an effort to teach young people blacksmithing and basic metal-working skills while we work towards our goal of creating one thousand flowers in memory of the numerous young people killed by gunfire.

Poor dead gang members "head capping" each other...my heart goes out to them. Poor mixed up little killers.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

1952 - 2006
    This is the worst kind of B.S. there is.

I can't even comment on this. I think I need to consult a thesaurus to "rephrase" all of my comments. GRRRRR!!!
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Assistant Administrator
    As ever <cynical hat> - so these wonderful, peace-inducing ''bakes'' will - naturally - have the criminal element just queueing up, busting to hand in a gun for ''baking''. Right!</cynical hat>.

For me, any and every gun foolishly turned in to any voluntary scheme, by law abiding folks, is one less gun out there available for folks to defend themselves and family, from scumbags.... who naturally will be loving and applauding such schemes.

Thesaurus Bob? Naw - just think ''inventive'' and ''colorful'' - that might get close to how I feel about it anyways! Sheesh.

Keep thinking you've seen it all - but no - someone comes along and tops it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Gun Bakes are public events where guns are heated up in a forge to 2500 degrees F and then transformed into art by professional blacksmiths and their teenage apprentices.
    I always thought a well made weapon was awork of art. No modifications needed!

or DONATE one of your guns.
    Oh yea, that's going to happen!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

:chairshot "Peaceful Streets collects information and conducts research on gun violence in our communities. Currently, we are finishing an audit of gift and toy stores in San Francisco, to determine the prevalence of toy guns in low-income neighborhoods. The results will be used to help pressure local governments to enforce existent policies that ban some of these toys and which unfairly target low-income communities. "

Don't you just love liberal gun-haters? Let's blame an inanimate object for gun violence. If we can stop poor kids from playing with toy guns, we can end gun violence.

It seems they will do anything they can to avoid the idea of personal responsibility.

Wonder what you would legaly have to do to have your own gun turn in...

Say got to wall fart amd pick up say 200-300$ worth of 25 $ gift certs and hold your own turn in ...

even though ya would for sure get some crap guns ya might get some fly stuff or parts for no longer made gun

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I think I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I notice their H.Q. is in San Francisco...not really a surprise. F***ing commies.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Links