Exercise...No excuses!

This is a discussion on Exercise...No excuses! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; All you guys...and gals out there that always seem to find just the right excuses for not getting your butt into the gym or your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exercise...No excuses!

Exercise...No excuses!

All you guys...and gals out there that always seem to find just the right excuses for not getting your butt into the gym or your own private gym in your home...check this guy out. No Excuses!

### Warning: If musclebound freaks gross you out...don't click! ###
    YouTube - jayflex
    YouTube - jaysdelts3

I find this comment particularly relevant to anyone's excuses:
    bkny11215 (1 month ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
    0 Poor comment Good comment
    Reply | Spam
    Well, that shot all my excuses full of holes.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

I've seen his vids before. He's an inspiration even if you don't B-Build.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I've seen his vids before. He's an inspiration even if you don't B-Build.
    Body Build in what Context?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Nice one Rob....

I did some pull-ups yesterday for the first time in weeks. A pyramid from 1-10 (1-2-3-4-....10-9-8-...) - I had help from the ascending 9 on. My arms are so stiff and sore I'm sitting on the couch with Ben-Gay all over them and a sweatshirt on, trying to straighten them out... I'd rather be 185-190 and be able to run 10 miles than 225 and built like a brick house. That's just me though. Maybe its just an excuse....my knees and ankles wish I was 155 again though.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Body Build in what Context?
    I suppose I should have clarified that with: intending to bulk up, etc.

I'm about average with a thin frame so I've never had luck bulking. But I have gotten very strong thanks to folks like Jay showing me that I'm a whiny pansy.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

My point wasn't necessarily that we should all strive to look like the incredible hulk, but rather that given someone with clearly limited physical abilities still manages to get into the gym and whip his butt into shape, the rest of us really have no excuses not to get working(unless of course you have a fubar back in which case I suppose we can grant you a waiver)

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Taggart's Top TEn Excuses For Not Exercising

10. Mad crush on Britney. It wouldn't be fair for her not to be able to keep up with me if we ever "hooked up".

9. I don't go hunting bad guys. I let them come to me.

8. I've got a revolver on layaway. C'mon! It's not THAT heavy!

7. Do you REALLY want to see ME in spandex?

6. Immersing myself in world culture at the local Chinese buffet here in Minot, ND is fun!

5. See number "6" and replace "Chinese" with "Mexican".

4. "Voluptuous" is the new "thin".

3. Not even halfway through my "Ham of the Month" subscription I got for Christmas.

2. Extra padding keeps me warm. C'mon! I'm in North Dakota for crap sake!

And the number one excuse for Taggart not exercising...

1. Sofa butt-print: Fits like a glove.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Nice. Sounds like I need a major back injury....

Austin

Something seems wrong in his videos. Everything he does even flexing is exausting for him but he could have some medical reasons for that. I started working out and am happy to say I have gained 4lbs in 3 weeks which is awesome after gaining 0 for almost a year. Working out just makes me feel better and a huge satisfation when you up the weight after a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Nice. Sounds like I need a major back injury....Austin
    I do hope you're being facetious, because I suffered a chronic back injury while serving in the army. Believe me, you don't want to endure such excruciating agony.

However, being that it's a chronic injury means my back doesn't prevent me from exercising unless it decides to torture me for a few days, or weeks at a time.

I'm 51. Four years ago I began religiously performing a combination CV and strength training exercise regimen every other day for 45 minutes. Combined with an improved diet, I slowly but surely lost the gut, and beefed up where it counts. I also walk and ride a bicycle whenever I can. Due to lowering my blood pressure and bad cholesterol, my libido and related performance level improved as well.

I also discovered after toning up that my back doesn't cripple me with agony as often. And I'm really happy about this positive benefit of regular exercise.

The only exercise I avoid due to my back are sit-ups. I lay flat on my back and bicycle my legs instead.

Remember, the initial pain everyone endures when they begin an exercise program, such as shin splints, and aching muscles, gradually subside with time... You know what they say, "No brain, er, no pain, no gain."
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Wolf357 - yes, I was being facetious. I don't mind exercising at all - I'm glad I can - and I really don't want any kind of injury at all.

Austin

I'd like to see this guy in his wheelchair outside of WalMart being picked on by some 'idiot dirtbag' looking for an easy victim...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I stopped making excuses in April of 2006 when I weighed 310 pounds or so. My doc diagnosed me with early stage diabetes and suggested I loose some weight or die in my 50's. So I took his advice and went with it. 9 months later I was a scrawny 150 pounds and then started lifting weights. As of this morning I weigh 168 pounds and am starting to look pretty good in the muscle definition department.

I go to the gym every other night, and on the in between nights I do at least an hour of cardio on my Nordic Track elliptical trainer.

Went from a size 46/48 pants to a size 30. I am much happier now, I sleep much better, I do not snore, my joints do not hurt any more, and every thing else you can imagine is better. Life is good guys. I urge anyone who needs to to get themselves in shape. It even makes carrying your gun easier and much easier to conceal as well.

Me at the Memphis in May festival in May of 2006.

Me at the Memphis in May Festival in May of 2007
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I hate to burst anyones bubble, but it is my opinion (and i spend an hour atleast a day in a gym) that this guys on roids. Fact is most body builders are. I think it is great that he is in a wheel chair and not letting it slow him down, but just so everyone knows that he is huge b/c he is on roids. And fantastic job Mike, that to me, really shows character when people can harness the will power to change their body that much in a year, you look like a completly different man.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    I hate to burst anyones bubble, but it is my opinion (and i spend an hour atleast a day in a gym) that this guys on roids. Fact is most body builders are. I think it is great that he is in a wheel chair and not letting it slow him down, but just so everyone knows that he is huge b/c he is on roids. And fantastic job Mike, that to me, really shows character when people can harness the will power to change their body that much in a year, you look like a completly different man.
    I know I'm getting off topic and maybe on the fringe of getting my post kicked..but I have to disagree with the "roids" statement. I happen to know a number of bodybuilders and yes, some of them may be on "roids", HOWEVER, it's not the "roids" that makes them big. It's just a little extra boost to their system so they can work harder, longer, and recover faster. The big comes from HARD work, determination, and well, just plain old fashion hard work. Too many folks buy the hard liner "'roids are all bad and all athletes that take roids would have never got to where they are without them" approach hook line and sinker. News flash...You can take roids all day long until you're blue in the face and even workout in the gym all day and it won't do you a bit of good unless you EAT right, Sleep Right, and Work right. And no...I don't take them. It's not worth the legal hassle to me(since they are illegal and all).

As for Mike...GREAT JOB! I read your earlier posts when you were first letting us know of the changes and it's EXCELLENT! That's the kind of drive that not many people have. I just wish I had the itch to lose the weight. I just don't. Plus, it seems that the more I eat, the more I'm able to lift...so those 6-8 meals a day aren't going away anytime soon(on the order of 3500-4000 calories a day). I just have always loved to lift. I love to slap on a bunch of plates and just crank 'em out. It's been my vice for a while. I start getting really cranky if I'm not able to get in some good lifts(like after having an appendectomy)...man that was a hairy 2 months. The only downside to all that eating is that A) I have no money left after grocery runs and B) every time I get on an elevator the darn weight alarm goes off.
    doc: "no lifting for at least 10-12 weeks"
    me: "but, but, but...you gave me pain pills. What else am I to use them for?"

-The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links