Fight Quest

This is a discussion on Fight Quest within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't know if any of you ever watch that show Fight Quest on the Discovery channel. I catch it occassionaly if I'm around and not ...

Thread: Fight Quest

Thumbs up Fight Quest

Don't know if any of you ever watch that show Fight Quest on the Discovery channel. I catch it occassionaly if I'm around and not busy. Anyway, I looked at the description on the guide and it looks like they're in Israel this time and will be covering (among other things) Krav-Maga.

I just figured I'd throw it out there in case there's someone on here that may or may not be considering taking those type of classes. If that's the case, maybe this particular episode might be something you want to catch.
    Starts 10pmEST tonight.

I figure it might help sway your decision one way or another depending on how well they present the training etc... I'll be watching the episode myself, so no I haven't seen it yet and don't have any spoilers or tips.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    My daughter just started Krav Maga classes. I have to say I'm extremely impressed with it: no 'points', no 'style', no Eastern mysticism, just good, solid, honest physics, body mechanics, and no-holds-barred street fighting. Very impressive - if you're interested in self defense or defense of others, I would strongly encourage you to look into this (see also Hisardut, the Israeli version of Karate).

Krav Maga is excellent. In my classes it is basically taught as defensive street fighting and very often your goal is to take your opponent out permanently. Of course I am in LEO classes, though.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Krav Maga is excellent. Just be sure it's training and not a exercise class like Ti Boe (sp?).
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I've watched one full episode a week or three ago....I wasn't initially intrested but like most shows on Discovery, I couldn't change the channel and watched it. I saw the commericals for the Krav Maga show and I wanna see it.
    That's a defense style I'd like to learn more about and even pay to learn.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Saw it. Cool episode. I've watched several Fight Quest episodes. I was partial to the one on Hapkido. I also like the Human Weapon episodes.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by mojave_pistolero View Post
    Saw it. Cool episode. I've watched several Fight Quest episodes. I was partial to the one on Hapkido. I also like the Human Weapon episodes.

Yeah, I took Hapkido my last 3 years of high school. While everyone else went off to baseball or basketball practice every day after school, I went to study Hapkido. The only problem with it is that like most martial arts you can't learn it all that fast. It really takes years to master and become effective on the street. As opposed to something like Krav Maga or something like Haganah. I LOVED Haganah. It's basically KravMaga, Kisardut, and Jujitsu all rolled into one and turned into an accelerated boot camp. They use the Israeli Kapap/Lotar training method to basically drill the training into your head. So you can be VERY effective in as little as 4-6 months.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

saw it

well i think that chic was insane i would love to train like that
    and the other guy that was good traing they showed with the rifle
    i practice that on my wife ,,,lollol then she nock me out
    that is the only one i tivo

Links