People fleeing New Jersey

This is a discussion on People fleeing New Jersey within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Poll Finds Almost Half of New Jersey Adults Want to Move Out of State - Local News | News Articles | National News ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People fleeing New Jersey

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Tell me about it. We are loosing farm land (within 20 minute drive of the Delaware River) by the gallons every day. And rude people, can't drive right, can't speak good, don't even know Pennsylvania Dutch, our Home Depot has to hang special signs up with Joisey-isms.

Where do they all want to go? California?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Tell me about it. We are loosing farm land (within 20 minute drive of the Delaware River) by the gallons every day. And rude people, can't drive right, can't speak good, don't even know Pennsylvania Dutch, our Home Depot has to hang special signs up with Joisey-isms.
    To defend NJ we do drive right because we have to pass all the Pennsyltucky drivers who can't move out of the left lane.

Just kidding but try not to lump us into one category. I do carry a gun, speak well, try to keep good Karma, and shop at Lowe's. I would love to get out of NJ also and plan on it once I am free from the pension lock. PA is not my choice for getting out - I'm leaning more towards Colorado/Wyoming.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Maybe they are moving to Illinois to escape the harsh NJ gun laws !
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    To defend NJ we do drive right because we have to pass all the Pennsyltucky drivers who can't move out of the left lane.

Just kidding but try not to lump us into one category. I do carry a gun, speak well, try to keep good Karma, and shop at Lowe's. I would love to get out of NJ also and plan on it once I am free from the pension lock. PA is not my choice for getting out - I'm leaning more towards Colorado/Wyoming.
    Oh, you carry a gun in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. You must be either a LEO or a gooood friend of Corzine.

EW3
    The extremely high property taxes are driving many people out of NJ. My sister lived for a while in the Easton, PA/Phillipsburg, NJ area and saw a lot of people who moved to the PA side of the Delaware to escape the high cost of living in the Peoples Republik of New Jersey.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

JD
    Administrator
    There's a reason they only charge those LEAVING NJ on the bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Where do they all want to go? California?
    Ram Rod, that wasn't nice! Maybe the coast of California, but please not inland!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I have been to PRNJ. It was in the early 90's I think. I'll never go back.

Besides, I would never even consider living in a state that denies me my right to defend my life and the lives of my family. Never live in such a state and never give money through patronage to a business that does the same.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Wink

Oh, you carry a gun in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. You must be either a LEO or a gooood friend of Corzine.
    Yeah, Corzine and I go way back. I have high tea with him and Whitman every other Thursday.

Add to the fact that they can cash out a crappy house in NJ and buy into a waaaay nicer house in PA. Everyone is moving into higher socio-economic neighborhoods, but their attitudes and behaviors are still in the Plainfield, NJ area.

Then there are all the NYC'ers moving in. Holy moly. I don't care about the yankees and how the yankees did.

When I see somebody driving like a dimwit, I either see big jersey hair or a nyc ballcap.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Yeah, Corzine and I go way back. I have high tea with him and Whitman every other Thursday.
    You know, New Jersey is the only state to have two governors in a row that have been rear-ended.

You know, New Jersey is the only state to have two governors in a row that have been rear-ended.
    That is very funny. I am surprised I never heard it before.

VIP Member
    My entire family had an exodus out of that state back in 1991, and we haven't looked back.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links