Today: 'Naked' & Surrounded by BGs

This is a discussion on Today: 'Naked' & Surrounded by BGs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Talk about feeling vulnerable. Criminals everywhere...and me unable to carry. Oh, I guess I should mention, I was at the Court House because I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talk about feeling vulnerable. Criminals everywhere...and me unable to carry.

Oh, I guess I should mention, I was at the Court House because I have Jury Duty.

I also got called back. Probably Tuesday and Wednesday on a misdemeanor domestic violence.

Sure does feel strange to be 'without' from 7:00 a.m. to after 5:00 p.m.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Hmmm. I always figured if I were called for jury duty, I would hold my bible, wear a Jesus Loves You t-shirt and a Rush baseball cap. I wouldn't even get passed the first question.
    Last edited by ExactlyMyPoint; February 26th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I actually WANT to serve. I feel it is one of the ways I can show my public pride and do my duty.

Besides, someone who can think logically should be involved in our justice system (which hasn't shown LOTS of logic in recent years-JMO).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

See, mik, you just destroyed my adage about why would you want to be tried by 12 people too dumb to get out of jury duty. Now, I'm gonna have to find another one.

Gotta agree with Mic, here. Would love to see more of the people on this forum in a jury box.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    Gotta agree with Mic, here. Would love to see more of the people on this forum in a jury box.
    Better to be in the jury box than on the stand.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    I've been called several times for jury duty and served once while in CA.

I've always wondered why, as Americans, we insist on our Rights, but dodge our responsibilities to vote and serve as jurors. Seems hypocritical to me.

I know it is a pain, but how can we expect the judicial system to provide true justice for society if we don't serve. God forbid I am involved in a shooting and indicted, but if it should occur, I would like a "jury of my peers" not some some mindless group of anti's.

With regard to being surrounded by BG's: Once when called for jury duty, I noticed a neighbor also waiting. I stepped over to talk to him assuming he was also on jury duty. Not so, I was in the jury pool for his trial on drug charges. After the pool was summoned, he pled and we were released. I'm glad he moved...

good for you!!

I served on a sexual assault trial a few years back and I am serving as a Poll worker on March 4...

if you want to make a difference - ya gotta do something!

I've served on two jurys. Loved the experience. Both cases the defense attorney was the defendants worst enemy. I will gladly serve again when I'm called.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    I've served on two jurys. Loved the experience. Both cases the defense attorney was the defendants worst enemy. I will gladly serve again when I'm called.
    Just got back in from Day 2 and have to say I agree with the statement about the Defense Attorney. This guy is a cross between Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men and Al Pacino in the Devil's Advocate. Slime ball comes to mind. He is a bully, a jerk and mean as a snake. And those are his good points. Yet, if I was in big trouble I might give him a call. He is also good.

JMO.

Albert Einstein

I've been voting since I was 18 and have always been willing to serve on jury duty. I've never so much as gotten a letter from them. I realize that while we were active duty we could be over looked but we've lived in the same house for 16 years now and never missed a vote. So I should be on the rolls.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

GPS
    I got called for jury duty once. They couldn't seat me on a jury because I knew the assistant district attorney that had the case. He used to screen our arson cases when I was with the fire department. You would think they would automatically exempt former criminal investigators. But I guess they have to do it to be fair even though it is a big waste of time. After all, who would want a former detective sitting on the jury when you are trying to squirm out from an arrest.
    Cordially,
    GPS

Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    After all, who would want a former detective sitting on the jury when you are trying to squirm out from an arrest.
    I wouldn't mind 12 detectives... since obviously I'd be innocent of whatever the charges would be.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Just got back in from Day 2 and have to say I agree with the statement about the Defense Attorney. This guy is a cross between Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men and Al Pacino in the Devil's Advocate. Slime ball comes to mind. He is a bully, a jerk and mean as a snake. And those are his good points. Yet, if I was in big trouble I might give him a call. He is also good.

JMO.
    It's a good thing a trial isn't a popularity contest between the attorneys. You gotta wonder how some of them ever win a case, regardless of the evidence.

I served once in a Grand Jury. It met once a month for one year. We heard over 100 cases in that year and we returned indictments on about 90% of them.

In fact, the only ones I remember us No Billing were the ones that involved a homeowner shooting a burgler or robber or someone shooting in defense of their life.

We had one crazy woman who just hated guns on the Grand Jury and she wanted to indict anyone who used a gun for any reason. After the first time we met and all 20 or so of the rest of us, mostly gun owners I could tell and I think there were several others besides me who had their carry permits, made our feelings known to her, she clammed up pretty quick.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links