Rant about Forum courtesies and hijacking threads.

This is a discussion on Rant about Forum courtesies and hijacking threads. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just wanna know one thing... who in the heck is John Galt ?...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant about Forum courtesies and hijacking threads.

Senior Moderator
    I just wanna know one thing...

who in the heck is John Galt ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I just wanna know one thing...

who in the heck is John Galt ?
    A literary figure who stopped the motor of the world...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    Also a way to express your despair at the current status quo.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Ron
    And if you read Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" you can really find out who he is.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Who's Ayn Rand? And what did Atlas have to shrug about?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

Who's Ayn Rand? And what did Atlas have to shrug about?
    John Galt...

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I figure that when we ask/answer questions, it is not only for the OP, but for all readers. If you ask the question from TX, chances are that someone here in MI would like the answer too, as it applies to them.
    See, this is exactly why I started the Rant...things like this...I wish you wouldn't go off on random topics...We were obviously discussing Gilligan's Island and there you go, trying to hijack the thread and talk about Michigan. Well, in Texas we don't do stuff like that.
    Last edited by Kerbouchard; February 28th, 2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Sorry Cupcake. I do understand your point, though.

Who is John Galt?

What's the name of the other book Ayn Rand wrote? The Fountainhead right? What the the name of the guy in that one? You know, the one who worked in the quarry and was an architect and all that.

sorry for the hijack..

Austin

See, this is exactly why I started the Rant...thinks like this...I wish you wouldn't go off on random topics...We were obviously discussing Gilligan's Island and there you go, trying to hijack the thread and talk about Michigan. Well, in Texas we don't do stuff like that.
    Sorry for my hijack. I think I have ADD. Hey, how many ADD kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    Hey, wanna go ride bikes or something?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Howard Roark was the architect in The Founainhead.
    She also wrote Anthem, but I didn't think it was as good as Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged is still my all time favorite novel. I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and saw that it was required reading for the local H.S. A good sign to be sure.

Who is John Galt?

Howard Roark was the architect in The Founainhead.
    She also wrote Anthem, but I didn't think it was as good as Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged is still my all time favorite novel. I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and saw that it was required reading for the local H.S. A good sign to be sure.
    Speaking of required reading... you'll be pretty well read if you manage to get through all these (it's the list that prompted me to read A-Shrugged):

Books You Must Read

One Hundred Best Books

61 down... who knows how many more to go...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Anything that prompts somebody to read Atlas Shrugged is a good thing. I wish we could make people read it before they were allowed to vote.

For some reason it's easy for people to accept that they want something unearned from those above them, but they can't realize that people below them want something unearned from them. And all that will accomplish is to drag everybody down.

From Each According to His Ability, To Each According to His Need...Sheesh.

I prefer "I swear—by my life and my love of it—that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
    $$$

And for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, you can read one of the greatest speeches in literary history here. Galt Speech And you can find that elusive answer to 'Who is John Galt'

Who is John Galt?

Man I am glad I live in Texas where people dont hijack threads,

its good to live in Texas, In fact I have a solution to your origional problem, make everyone live in Texas, then there wont be any problem with people posting outside state laws, So If you all move to Texas then no one will Hijack any more threads, Until then I guess there will be hijacking, But it wont happen in Texas, because we have house bill 3403422.233 which states hijacking a public forum is punishable by having to read all of berneyG's posts 3 times in a row.
    And who said deterance didnt work, //
    didnt push any buttons there did I?

Cheers, good point, nice rant, Im guilty as well but have tried to stick to the op ? sometimes other peoples response require additional offtopic comments, dont believe me? ask Ginger, shes at berneygs house now typing.

I hope my wife doesn't catch her, she's a pretty good shot at close quarters.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    But it wont happen in Texas, because we have house bill 3403422.233 which states hijacking a public forum is punishable by having to read all of berneyG's posts 3 times in a row.
    Clearly we need more signs around here.
    "Thread-Hijacker Free Zones" I guess.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links