Prank at Best Buy

This is a discussion on Prank at Best Buy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BerneyG I don't know if I could put jumping into a house with a gun and a ski mask on the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prank at Best Buy

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    I don't know if I could put jumping into a house with a gun and a ski mask on the same level of stupidity as standing around a Best Buy in Blue shirts.
    According to what you consider fun. Probably almost 50 years ago my cousin and I were watcing TV alone in our house when we heard the front door open. We didn't hear anything else and went to check and found the front door open. My cousin said we better get the gun. When he said that my mother jumped out from behind the door. She said that she was trying to scare us but when she heard gun she figured the fun was over.

Same type of deal.

2. Remove Ads

I saw it a while ago, I thought it was funny, but if it happened at the store I work at, I would be ticked off about the whole thing. Its bad for business, I would have kicked them out right away instead of waiting around for so long. But I still got a good chuckle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    I saw it a while ago, I thought it was funny, but if it happened at the store I work at, I would be ticked off about the whole thing. Its bad for business, I would have kicked them out right away instead of waiting around for so long. But I still got a good chuckle out of it.
    I bet they answered questions and helped people better than the actual employees do. I can walk into any electronics store or home improvement store and get at least one person asking me for help with something. If I help them, that's bad for business? I guess if you think I would give them incorrect information. My dad gets the same thing, it's because we look professional and we know our stuff (average white nerds).
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

I guess it would be bad for business having 40 some people standing around disrupting the actual employees who are trying to do their job. A random act of kindness or help is one thing but the whole point of this was to get a reaction out of the store's employees not to actually go do volunteer help at best buy.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I will admit that I didn't read all of it but what rights were they standing up for?
    Well, since freedom of speech is generally interpreted these days as freedom of any type of expression, that would apply here. The rules told the actors not to claim that they worked at the store. They were just there as custumers. They just happened to be wearing blue shirts and khakis.

And, frankly, I kind of get ticked off at how seriously these polo-shirt store monkeys take themselves these days, as if putting on a freakin' logo is like kitting up in BDUs and web gear. Poking fun at ueber-corporate mentality is pretty darned hilarious to me. They were disruptive only in the sense that they offended the store's own ego.

Check out the mission where they constantly replayed a several minute long scene, over and over again, inside a Starbucks. That one had me ROTFL. If there's any company out there that deserved to be the target of a practical joke, it's Sixbucks coffee...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I would agree with those that say that it's harmful, if they had done anything active to disrupt business. They were instructed not to say they were employees, and not to actively pretend to be an employee. No harm done.

I work at McD's. I've often thought that a person dressed in the right uniform could walk into a random McD's during the rush period and say "Oh, yeah, the store manager told me to start today." No one's going to check the schedule, not at 1230 they're not.

All in all, this was pretty hilarious. I wish I could have taken part, but unfortunately I doubt I would have been able to keep a straight face.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Semper Vigilans et Paratus

Some people just have way too much free time on their hands.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I am neutral on it I guess, I dont see a big problem with it, they really didnt do anything other then just be there. In fact, they may have actually helped sales. I just didnt get any humor reward for so much effort though.

Senior Moderator
    I think this joke is more fun to praticipate in than it is to read about.

I see no harm in it.

And one day I accidently wore a red shirt and khaki’s to Target, I most have got asked 6 times for help and had to explain that I just made a poor clothing choice for shopping.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Lets face it we all played practical jokes when we where kids, and as adults we’ve had them pulled on us.

At least these kids aren’t hurting anyone, nor are they destroying property, and they are even polite.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I think that these people's stupidity is humorous.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links