Shoplifting

This is a discussion on Shoplifting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did the security manager ask for a receipt before he slammed the fellow into the wall. If not the the BG may just walk and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoplifting

Did the security manager ask for a receipt before he slammed the fellow into the wall. If not the the BG may just walk and have a case for assault and battery. I would say that his lawyer would have a pretty good case againt the store especially since they were waiting to physically assault him because they thought he stole from another store. There are better ways to handle shoplifting than what was show here. Not saying the guy didn't deserve it but sounds like the security manager is a little out of control to be let out in public.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Did the security manager ask for a receipt before he slammed the fellow into the wall. If not the the BG may just walk and have a case for assault and battery. I would say that his lawyer would have a pretty good case againt the store especially since they were waiting to physically assault him because they thought he stole from another store.
    The opposite is true. If he asked, he would be demonstrating that he was not sure. If he followed policy and got all his steps, asking for a receipt would cast suspicion on whether or not he had properly concluded the investigation. I would have been fired for asking for a receipt.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

for an apprehension to happen they have to have 100% coverage on the cameras, so they were in radio contact the whole time between the Camera guy and the manager, so the camera guy gave him a go or no go as he was stepping out the door, and I wouldn't call it a slam into the wall, he just swung him around basically using the perps own momentum, just changing his direction.

I used to work at May Company back in the late eighties (when it was May Company and not Robinsons-May) and all our security were plain clothes and carried 9mm handguns.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links