WFB

WFB

This is a discussion on WFB within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; William F. Buckley was a staunch supporter of the 2nd ammendment and even commented in one of his many books that he CCW'd. I never ...

Thread: WFB

WFB

William F. Buckley was a staunch supporter of the 2nd ammendment and even commented in one of his many books that he CCW'd.
    I never met him, but he had a real influence as to my views on relevant issues of the day.
    I wish the best for him.

I'm glad you posted that. Bill, as we were allowed to call him, was a genius and a hero of mine.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Lead Moderator
    From Wickipedia:
    William Frank Buckley, Jr.[1] (November 24, 1925 – February 27, 2008)[2] was an American author and conservative commentator. He founded the political magazine National Review in 1955, hosted 1429 episodes[3] of the television show Firing Line from 1966 until 1999, and was a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist. His writing style was famed for its erudition, wit, and use of uncommon words.[4]

Buckley was "arguably the most important public intellectual in the United States in the past half century," according to George H. Nash, a historian of the modern American conservative movement. "For an entire generation he was the preeminent voice of American conservatism and its first great ecumenical figure."[5] Buckley's primary intellectual achievement was to fuse traditional American political conservatism with economic libertarianism and anti-communism, laying the groundwork for the modern American conservatism of US Presidential candidate Barry Goldwater and US President Ronald Reagan.
    William F. Buckley, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The guy had a vocabulary that would have challanged Mr. Webster himself...
    Definitely a loss to the conservatives...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links