Guns of "No Country for Old Men" - Page 2

Guns of "No Country for Old Men"

This is a discussion on Guns of "No Country for Old Men" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Locopelli Look here: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Main_Page That was the first place I went - no listing for NCFOM. I also checked the regular IMDb, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns of "No Country for Old Men"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locopelli View Post
    That was the first place I went - no listing for NCFOM. I also checked the regular IMDb, but couldn't get a solid answer.

My first guess was an 1100, but someone posted a pic of an 11-87 that looked pretty close.

Can anyone confirm that the villain's other main weapon was a Tec-9?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

That 1911 looks like a Gold Cup to me. I agree about the 1100....what is that thing supposed to be on the end? A suppressor? Come on!

I've got the movie on my Netflix queue...comes out on the 11th. Anymore screenshots? I'm can usually ID guns pretty well.

Austin

VIP Member
    It is a suppressor, and that can (and is) done with shotguns, though it is admittedly rare. In the movie, of course, the sound reduction is much more than it is real life but, hey, you can't have everything...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    That 1911 looks like a Gold Cup to me. I agree about the 1100....what is that thing supposed to be on the end? A suppressor? Come on!
    They've been around a long time.

The first time I saw one in person was in England. They're used to cut down on "noise pollution" there.

Hushpower
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Foregrip matches the 1100 style. The synthetic 11-87 looks has a grey ruber piece that sits on each side not the bottom. Also as for shotgun recoil, I haven't seen the movie but those 1100 don't kick much as it is. So if they are shooting blanks thats going to have zero kick. Infact I would guess they had trouble getting the gun to cycle. Mine has trouble when I shot trap load cause it is so light.

VIP Member
    The one scene that really stood out has the villian sitting down with the shotgun accross his lap. He has his right hand loosely around the grip, but the gun is basically just laying there. When he fires, the gun doesn't move AT ALL. I've fired some fairly light-recoiling shotties in my day, but never one that would lay still on your lap when you fired it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links