Even trained LEO's can forget the RULES:

This is a discussion on Even trained LEO's can forget the RULES: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Former Deputy Accidentally Kills Wife - News Story - WGCL Atlanta GRIFFIN, Ga. -- A former Fulton County sheriff's major accidentally shot and killed his ...

Thread: Even trained LEO's can forget the RULES:

Even trained LEO's can forget the RULES:

Former Deputy Accidentally Kills Wife - News Story - WGCL Atlanta

GRIFFIN, Ga. -- A former Fulton County sheriff's major accidentally shot and killed his wife Friday while unloading his gun, according to Griffin police.

Riley Taylor, 54, was at a family function when the gun discharged and the bullet struck his wife, Denise Taylor, 54.

Griffin police spokesman Cpl. Bryan Clanton said the woman was flown by helicopter to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where she was pronounced dead.

Clanton said no criminal investigation will be done since the shooting was accidental.

Griffin is 40 miles south of Atlanta.

Riley Taylor worked at the Fulton County Sheriff's Department under then-Sheriff Jackie Barrett, who has since retired. He retired from a post at the jail as a lieutenant in 2007 after having his rank reduced by Barrett, who was under fire for financial mismanagement of the department and for deficiencies at the jail.

Shortly after Taylor retired, U.S. District Judge Marvin Shoob chose Taylor to become the auditor of jail records. Shoob is overseeing the jail in response to a lawsuit that charged it was overcrowded, dirty and dangerous.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

Clanton said no criminal investigation will be done since the shooting was accidental.
    Causing someone's death through gross negligence isn't considered a criminal act in Fulton County, GA.......?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

Since when is, "I didn't mean to kill her, it was an accident" an affirmative defense against manslaughter? I hate seeing these cases where LE or former LE gets a bye where I would be in jail.

It's a trajedy on many levels and I feel bad for him and his family, but as far as I know, guns don't 'accidently' go off.

David, you beat me to it, but it took me a few seconds longer to put it in bold.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Clanton said no criminal investigation will be done since the shooting was accidental

What?!? Since when!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Cheaper than a divorce...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I wonder will the life insurance company have a say? Or just give him $250,000 for shooting his wife! I would go to jail.....Wouldn't I?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I wonder will the life insurance company have a say? Or just give him $250,000 for shooting his wife! I would go to jail.....Wouldn't I?
    Yep, so would I.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    You read the whole article and it appears the "good ole boy" network is alive and well in Fulton Co.

Links