What happened last night

What happened last night

This is a discussion on What happened last night within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Was it just me or was the site down for a while last night? I tried several times to log on, but kept getting a ...

Thread: What happened last night

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

What happened last night

Was it just me or was the site down for a while last night? I tried several times to log on, but kept getting a error message . Then this morning all is fine.

Bruces45, I regret to inform you that our facial recognition system sometimes gets confused with fur out complex profiles and we may have inadvertenly dropped you from the system. I am very happy you got on today though!!!!
    A little story Bruce. I worked in a secure block house with a guarded gate and high fence around it. A 2 pass system was used where you trade in your pass and get a badge in return Some guys would paste pictures of animals on their pass.
    Well, somebody would not show up for work and sure enough the security people would have him under lock and key for an attempted entry situation, a real bad thing. I suppose they just got tired of messing with us and clamped down.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyFive
    Bruces45, I regret to inform you that our facial recognition system sometimes gets confused with fur out complex profiles and we may have inadvertenly dropped you from the system. I am very happy you got on today though!!!!
    LOL, I don't know why, but I shave twice a day and it just grows back withen a few hours. Everwhere I go I always get strange looks At least my wife likes it, she says it tickles

Talking Monkey Business?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Was it just me or was the site down for a while last night? I tried several times to log on, but kept getting a error message . Then this morning all is fine.
    Not to monkey around here any more than necessary, but it was reported yesterday that there has been some INTENSE solar flare activity and worldwide communications, power infrastructure and other electronics may experience interference in the next few days.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Good point Ex - I had forgotten about that. Might be affecting my satellite deal a bit.

Bruce - it's still the ears that do it for me LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey Bruce-

I was having the same problem on most sites yesterday, I'm figuring that weather or solar conditions were really messing with my connection. (The on base internet service is notorious for being "sensetive.") And please, don't feel too bad. I'm in the military and I look like that too. I've been known to shave three times a day just to stay in regs.

A1C Lickey

(I really wish I was kidding about the shaving three times a day bit, but I'm not.)

Sponsored Links