Gas Prices!

This is a discussion on Gas Prices! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by cdwolf Gasp......The ecosystem...So you don't mind killing the turtles Not even a little bit. Heck, I don't even mind messing up the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Gasp......The ecosystem...So you don't mind killing the turtles
    Not even a little bit. Heck, I don't even mind messing up the migration routes of the Caribou.

I know, I know.........I'm a heartless, self-centered bastid!

I can live with that.......

2. Remove Ads

It's $3.75 here, The news paper asked a trucker" Why don't they all go on strike for a few weeks" He said "At this rate I will go under in 6 weeks" Most trucking companys change there fuel surcharges only 3-4 times a year. The cost of shipping anything Is close to skyrocketing!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Not even a little bit. Heck, I don't even mind messing up the migration routes of the Caribou.

+1 Being at the mercy of the sandbox is crazy!! We are buying them there weapons.Stupid
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

On the bright side, I just read an article yesterday on the breakthroughs in cellulosic ethanol production. I believe it was in the April issue of Automobile magazine. Great article. Anyway, it was about a company that developed a new enzyme that breaks down materials faster AND produces a SELF-SUSTAINING reaction. That means no natural gas to heat the enzymes once they're started. The result is a net energy of 7.5, way better than the current 1.45 or so. I know I'm a nerd, but guys, this is huge. This is like Edison finally getting the light bulb that works. If I recall right, they're going to have a plant online in the next 2 years that will produce 17M barrels a year.

I really think this is where our next big energy source will come from. It's still a few years from being in full production, but I'm surprised at how fast the technology is developing. We just need to drill ANWR in the meantime.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

VIP Member
    It's over $4.00 a gallon here, without paying any of the local taxes. On the economy, it's about $6.50/gallon. I love my Montero, but I really don't like paying $70 to fill it up...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You know people in Texas have really big hearts.......so if any of you what to sell some of your surplus of weapons.........maybe you be willing to sell of a couple*****might be worth sevaral tanks of fuel.......ok, ok maybe one extra tank.
    Last edited by Reborn; March 5th, 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

$116.00 to fill up the van now (at 2.91 gallon)

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Heck, Ill only be here for 80 years if I'm lucky.
    Ive never seen a Caribou, so give me cheap gas and
    drill for it in the GOOD OLD U.S.A.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Buy a bike.
    I did six years ago, but I never thought it would become my primary means of transportation.

Just can’t afford to drive the old truck that only gets 12 MPH much.
    Last edited by tns0038; March 5th, 2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    I did six years ago, but I never thought it would become my primary means of transportation.

Just can’t afford to drive the old truck that only gets 12 MPH much.
    I've been thinking about getting a more road worthy bike lately; I'm into dirt bikes and I dual sported my largest one to commute on. Cars and old ladies scare me now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My trip to the range is 20 miles one way so that's a 40 mile round trip. That's about 8 to 9 dollars in gas plus a $1.75 bridge toll that's about to go up soon. Do that for 4 weeks a month and it's about $40 for the month.

I still plan on shooting and reloading. I'm just staying closer to home now.

It all adds up
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

I feel your pain. Gearing up for what may very well come, and looking out for the family's long term welfare is a balancing act.

My job provides a company truck for work, that I take home. So I don't have to burn my own fuel to, and from work, lucky me.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a more road worthy bike lately; I'm into dirt bikes and I dual sported my largest one to commute on. Cars and old ladies scare me now.
    Usually ladies in SUV's talking on cell phones that make me see my life flash before my eyes.

Still worth it when I fill up for less than 15 (used to be less than 10). Freeze my butt off in the winter some, but it beats the alternative.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Ammo + Gas + College = Me not getting into shooting anymore.

I have enough for defense, little shtf - and hunting, nothing else. Sad, and pissed at the same time
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

I sold our 1994 suburban rather than have it repaired. The tranny went out at 174K, but I couldn't justify dumping $3K into something I can't afford to drive anymore at $120+ per fill-up. I hope the electric vehicles get here soon... Tesla Motors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links