Gas Prices!

This is a discussion on Gas Prices! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Eventually,nobody will need a CHL,too expensive to leave the house! Bills?Nope!Oil lamps instead of electricity,out-house,hand pump water well and grow your own food But wait!How ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices!

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Eventually,nobody will need a CHL,too expensive to leave the house!Bills?Nope!Oil lamps instead of electricity,out-house,hand pump water well and grow your own food But wait!How will the government receive all the tax money to waste?

2. Remove Ads

Sounds about right mr. stuart - only thing is, they will be torches not oil lamps (where would you get the oil?) and the tax collectors will go door to door.

Austin

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Administrator
    I expect that we'll be up to a solid $5.00 per gallon by summer. Just my gut feeling on that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a more road worthy bike lately; I'm into dirt bikes and I dual sported my largest one to commute on. Cars and old ladies scare me now.

Just like riding a dirt bike, youíre going to go down every now and then. Just two weeks ago, I was rear ended by a fellow rider. Only minor damage to the bikes and both of us where ok.

And yes, little old ladyís and men for that fact in there big cars scare me too.

They will look right at ya, and then pull out. It makes me think that people up north donít burry there dead. They just put them in a Cadillac and send them south.

So keep safe, and make sure your firearm is in a good holster to protect it should you go down. Thanks God my G26 was.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    They will look right at ya, and then pull out. It makes me think that people up north donít burry there dead. They just put them in a Cadillac and send them south.
    Thats about the funniest darn line I've read here.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicMonkey View Post
    ... breakthroughs in cellulosic ethanol production.
    If the net energy equation is dramatically better, then that's good.

But 17M bbls/yr won't make a dent, given the 7.3B bbls/yr (@ 20M bbls/day) consumption the U.S. already has. Either consumption has to go way, way down, or efficiency of all the in-place machines needs to skyrocket, or a new machine/fuel combo needs to be found that can be put in place in sufficient quantities to matter (with an corresponding cost to swap).

That does not even address the risks to putting the food supply at risk, for fuel, as that's a tradeoff that has absolutely limitations and far greater risks if disrupted. Imagine your family's food bill doubling or tripling, along with the current rises in fuel prices.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I ride a V=Twin bike most of the year and get 45 MPG. Last fill up was nearly 18 dollars! I parked the GMC and use only when I need a truck. In the winter with a heated vest, leather jacket, chaps, and gloves I do alright until the sun goes down and it gets cold. But as I have posted before, it limits when I can CCW as it is difficult to disarm and secure a weapon when on a bike when I visit a school or other restricted carry location.

Administrator
    I've seen a few of these running around here lately; Smart Car of America - The leading smart fortwo news and information portal

My pals at the motorcycle dealer have told me that sales of bikes are skyrocketing, esp. with new riders. The hottest sellers are the scooters and mild dual sports. (They get the best MPG) My 400 will get 75 mpg if I dont twist the throttle to much, but still do 100mph and out accelerate all but the best sports cars.

I'm betting we will start to see this trend on the streets as soon as nicer weather sets in.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My pals at the motorcycle dealer have told me that sales of bikes are skyrocketing, esp. with new riders. The hottest sellers are the scooters and mild dual sports. (They get the best MPG) My 400 will get 75 mpg if I dont twist the throttle to much, but still do 100mph and out accelerate all but the best sports cars.

I'm betting we will start to see this trend on the streets as soon as nicer weather sets in.

Iíll have to agree with you.

Look at Europe, and the Far East, and the Islands where gas prices have always been high. More scooters than there are autos. My GMC pickup only has 450 miles on it so far this year.

Just went over to Daytona for the day. When I filled up my Harley got 57 MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by takurpic View Post
    I hope the electric vehicles get here soon... Tesla Motors
    Looks like I'm stuck buying diesel or getting a horse.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    How much will I pay for the car?
    Pricing has not been set for the 2009 model year cars. Our 2008 Tesla Roadster has a base price of $98,000.
    Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

we can solve this by:

1) Hang every liberal "greener" you run into from a tall tree and a short rope; their voting policies have left us with a bottleneck at the refineries and no drilling on 80% of our coastlines. The only ones we can drill on are right in the path of hurricanes every year, which of course, make us susceptible to every atlantic storm disturbing our fuel markets.

2) there is no "magic" fuel/machine combo. You are going to give up something if you choose to get higher fuel economy. usually it is something like size (no more suburbans) performance (kiss the mustang goodbye) or luxury (only special people like Al Gore need those anyway). Our salvation lies in flooding the markets with the fuel we have, its that simple.

3) We can help by beginning to produce our own resources, of which there are plenty. Don't believe the crap you are hearing, it is there. Plenty of it, contrary to what Al and his buddies tell you. To get this done, we need to get rid of all of the ridiculous regulations on drilling and exploration. And the taxes.......

So vote republican in this election, because while they may not be perfect, I guarantee you the alternative is far more expensive than anything you can now imagine.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    well heck a new pickup will easily run half that ( not that i buy em ) and if like me you hang onto a vehicle that you bought used 10+years it might pay out , heck it would at our current prices since i note today ( 3/6/08 ) prices were seen at $5.39 in CA .
    Nothing wrong with fuel effeciancy tho in my world it is a pipe dream .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I have been deployed for 15 months. When i left I remember paying less than $3 a gallon. My wife is telling me its about to hit $4. When i started driving i paid $0.87 a gallon the first time i filled up. I was pissed when It went about $1.00. The madness has to stop.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Hey i will burn 15 or so gal a day in my pickup if i am lucky . when farming goes i will burn 75 to 100 gallon a day per tractor and have two or three running . This isnt a poor me post , its an expect food to take a bite post . For whatever reason everything is going to go up faster than wages . hang on and it will stableise , not at a price we like , but at something we can live with . Not like , but live with . Heck had i seen things right i wouldn't have bought cattle i would have bought fuel and tanks to short term store it .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links