Door prizes and gun shows

This is a discussion on Door prizes and gun shows within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone ever register for the gun show door prizes? You know--fill out the little ticket and put it in the box? Anyone here ever win ...

Thread: Door prizes and gun shows

Door prizes and gun shows

Anyone ever register for the gun show door prizes? You know--fill out the little ticket and put it in the box? Anyone here ever win a gun show door prize? Who thinks that registering for a door prize at a gun show puts them on a list that the gun show promoter sells to third parties? How many think this would put them on a government 'watch list'?

2. Remove Ads

I doubt the "watch list", but guarantee your personal info will be sold over and over again.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Anyone ever register for the gun show door prizes? You know--fill out the little ticket and put it in the box? Anyone here ever win a gun show door prize? Who thinks that registering for a door prize at a gun show puts them on a list that the gun show promoter sells to third parties? How many think this would put them on a government 'watch list'?
    Thanks I never really thought about it. Im just a sucker for free stuff. LOL

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    The promoters here use those tickets to USMail us their schedule and $1 off coupon to each show. Don't fill it out and you simply won't get the $1 off coupon.

Never heard of anyone winning the door-prize and never got any unsolicited junk from filling them out and I've been doing it for ~15 years now.

I won a Remington 870, 12 gauge at one of the Altus, Oklahoma gun shows about 4 years ago. I also won a youth model 870 20 gauge at a Friends of the NRA Banquet 2 years ago. It's not like I don't have my name on a 100 of their other lists so what is one more.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    No because it was always junk

Eastman's gun show is the big one here in the Atlanta area, seems no one has won that same rifle for several years now. What a coincidence....
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

The sights are always aligned, you are out of alignment

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    The real question is how many plain clothes ATF agents do you think are at the gun shows? I don't fill anything that asks for my name and adress that I don't have to. B/c it will = junk mail & and or ID theft. No thanks.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Links