Another "Spend My Money" Thread

This is a discussion on Another "Spend My Money" Thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Excellent ideas, all, just what I was looking for. I have a Ruger Single Six for plinking, but a nice SA revo in a serious ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another "Spend My Money" Thread

VIP Member
    Excellent ideas, all, just what I was looking for.

I have a Ruger Single Six for plinking, but a nice SA revo in a serious caliber is a good idea.

While I think the Sig 556 is sexy as hell, I'm sticking with the AR platform for parts availability, ease of accessorizing, and the fact that I am so familiar with it. A gas piston one might be in my future, but I'm fully confident that a direct impingement model from a good manufacturer will be plenty reliable. It would be nice to not have to clean the star chamber, though...

Noveske seems to be a good choice - I've never heard a bad thing about them - definitely on the short list.

The DPMS SASS looks better to me every day. I'd love to have the "real thing" from Knight's Armament, but that would pretty much take up my whole budget right there! Sammy, I'd love to hear a full blown range report if you ever get a chance.

I'm also thinking that I might want a nice single shot rifle instead of a bolt gun - the Ruger No. 1 is just a sexy piece of kit...

I also like the idea of buying "one each" of all the common (and some uncommon!) American WWII weapons... Maybe I'll have to extend my tour...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The DPMS SASS looks better to me every day. I'd love to have the "real thing" from Knight's Armament, but that would pretty much take up my whole budget right there! Sammy, I'd love to hear a full blown range report if you ever get a chance.
    Coming as soon as the glass comes in. Place was back-ordered, so looking like late March. I might take a hunting scope and throw it on there soon just to see what it does at 100 though. I did get my La Rue Tactical mount, so I'm really really wanting to scope it.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links