I love the $2.50 cinema...I Am Legend

This is a discussion on I love the $2.50 cinema...I Am Legend within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We went to the el-cheapo cinema tonight. Only $2.50 per person every day. So the theater doesn't have stadium seating and it isn't as pretty ...

Thread: I love the $2.50 cinema...I Am Legend

I love the $2.50 cinema...I Am Legend

We went to the el-cheapo cinema tonight. Only $2.50 per person every day. So the theater doesn't have stadium seating and it isn't as pretty as the brand new ones that cost $10 per person to see a movie. My kids don't care, they were just jazzed to be going to see a movie.

And since they all like scary movies and action movies, they picked "I Am Legend" and I was OK with that because I wanted to see it too.

I had read the book in school and had recently re-read it when the movie originally came out. Boy, did they change it around for the movie. but I liked it. I think the story made more sense in the movie and was updated a good bit. I didn't like what happened to Sam the dog, but she preotected her Master like a good dog should.

Over all I was a great movie. I know most of you probably saw this movie like 4 months ago but, with the number of kids we have, we wait until a movie is either in the $2.50 cinema or out on DVD to see them or we end up paying about $60 to see a movie. And that is before the drinks and popcorn.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

We're usually the cheaper matinee folks. Also, if you recall the widely viewed youtube video of the kid filling a table with weapons he pulls out of his clothing... that's usually us inside the theater after smuggling the cheap snacks in.

I am not one for the movie theater, the wife on the other hand LOVES going to the movies. I would much rather wait for it to come out on DVD so that I can watch it here in my home in my BVDs..anyway, they just recently built a BIG new theater with stadium seating and all and the old theater is still up and running and not near as busy as the new one. I like non crowded areas as I usually do not play well with others. So with everyone going over to the new theater, I may visit the old one more often. BTW, I always carry a flash light so I can check the seats before sitting down...I see so many people sitting down without checking, you never know who planted what there previously.

I also thought "I Am Legend" was a good movie. Reminded me of a high tech "Omega Man".

can U say $1.00 dvd rental from red box ???
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    can U say $1.00 dvd rental from red box ???
    +1 :)
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

VIP Member
    I refuse to pay the prices at the movies. Not only for the movies but the concessions as well. Of course I'm an old fart and remember going to the movie with a dollar in hand, get into the movie, buy a box of popcorn, box of candy and go home with change jingling in my pocket!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I also thought "I Am Legend" was a good movie. Reminded me of a high tech "Omega Man".
    "Omega Man" was a movie adaption of the book "I Am Legend" and the new movie with Will Smith is a new movie adaption of the same book.

It's not much like the book...just as "The Omega Man" was not much like the original book either...but they are both good movies.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

No “movie experience” for me in a couple of decades now. Honestly I wouldn’t know what to do without a pause button for pee breaks etc.

Looking forward to watching the dvd when it comes out. Was hoping it was good.

One of these days we may have to try a matinee/el cheapo again for the big screen experience.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    No “movie experience” for me in a couple of decades now. Honestly I wouldn’t know what to do without a pause button for pee breaks etc.

Looking forward to watching the dvd when it comes out. Was hoping it was good.

One of these days we may have to try a matinee/el cheapo again for the big screen experience.
    Its already out on DVD, the lady friend rented it a week or so ago. It was a good movie too.

The cheapo theaters around here are horrid. Its full of the undesirable element of society yelling and screaming jibberish all during the movie. I will never go to one again; I'd much rather pay the premium to go to the nicer theater. At least the price seems to keep most of that out, otherwise I'll watch it on DVD at home in my own theater. There I can watch it with the dog, drink a beer and nobody cares if I fall asleep.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    BTW, I always carry a flash light so I can check the seats before sitting down...I see so many people sitting down without checking, you never know who planted what there previously.
    thank goodness I thought I was the only one that did that
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Can't stand theaters, either the volume is set on 11, or the group in front is translating the movie in real time.
    Did a remodel last year, now have a large TV room, the only way to see movies. It is so good now I can tell a stunt double in the action scenes.

We don't go to the theater more than once a year. Just wait until the movies come out on DVD.
    I thought "I Am Legend" was an excellent movie and Will Smith was very good in it. I got teary eyed about Sam but I'm a softy for dogs. I wanted it to end differently. Still enjoyed the movie and I'm planning on buying the DVD.

Links