We are all on drugs! This may be the problem!

This is a discussion on We are all on drugs! This may be the problem! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is why people are going CRAZY!! Solution = Brew your own FOXNews.com - Study Finds Over the Counter Drugs in Drinking Water in 24 ...

Thread: We are all on drugs! This may be the problem!

We are all on drugs! This may be the problem!

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

I love how the study says ppb or even ppt and they are still trying to sell the fear. I hate the media.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I'll take a double....
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

I havent had a drink of tap water in years, so I think I am safe.

VIP Member
    Just for accuracy, ppb and even ppt are not the outrageously small amounts they might appear. Many common pharmaceuticals operate within these ranges; at least the ppb range. E.g. One very commonly prescribed medicine is sold as a 1/4 mg tablet---that is 250 micrograms. If you dissolve that in 1 liter, you have 250 ppb. Since we each have about 6 liters of blood (I'll use 5 to make the math easy) this stuff is active at 50 ppb; and that doesn't take into consideration the large volume of water held elsewhere in the body besides blood.

Reverse osmosis devices are inexpensive and easily installed under most sinks.
    Not a bad idea to do this if you are concerned about stuff in the water.

I have no firm opinion either way. I think there is a problem, but it is likely being hyped at least to some extent. So, I'm just pointing out that when stuff is present in water at parts per billion levels, these are not ridiculously small and harmless amounts.

If I drink only beer will I be safe? I'd hate to pop on a random drug test....

Austin

Thumbs down

It's not the amount that concerns me. What I'm concerned about is the method of transmission to our water. What else is slipping through?
    Quote Originally Posted by "Fox News"

How do the drugs get into the water?

People take pills. Their bodies absorb some of the medication, but the rest of it passes through and is flushed down the toilet. The wastewater is treated before it is discharged into reservoirs, rivers or lakes. Then, some of the water is cleansed again at drinking water treatment plants and piped to consumers. But most treatments do not remove all drug residue.
    Boy it's hot in here... I'm gonna grab me a nice cold glass of toilet water.

Links