Texas Sweet Crude Oil... (Yikes)

This is a discussion on Texas Sweet Crude Oil... (Yikes) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just caught on the news that sweet crude is up to $108 a barrel. Doesn't seem that many years ago that sweet crude was running ...

Thread: Texas Sweet Crude Oil... (Yikes)

Texas Sweet Crude Oil... (Yikes)

Just caught on the news that sweet crude is up to $108 a barrel. Doesn't seem that many years ago that sweet crude was running 18 - $20 a barrel...

2. Remove Ads

Yea, just heard we can expect $4.00 a gallon within a month, diesel is there now. $3.97 at a store this morning!!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    Couldn't they use sour crude oil? Has to be cheaper!!

VIP Member
    Nope, sour crude is more expensive. Wait until the democrats win and watch the prices soar...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Nope, sour crude is more expensive. Wait until the democrats win and watch the prices soar...
    And more expensive to process. I just happen to work at a refinery...
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

It should be free..........................

Quote Originally Posted by bluez4u View Post
    It should be free..........................
    It almost is on the Arabic Nations where gas is around a dime a gallon, so with Diesel hitting the $4.00 mark how long before the independents shut things down like they did in the 70's?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

But with all the sulphur they have to take out of the sour crude, won't gunpowder pices go down??? There has got to be a silver lining in here somewhere.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    ........so with Diesel hitting the $4.00 mark how long before the independents shut things down like they did in the 70's?
    Doubt it will happen again. I'm not a trucker, I'm only on the receiving end of shipments so I may have this wrong and feel free to correct me, but this is my understanding:
    In the good old days, to raise shipping rates freight companies had to apply for and be granted a rate increase. At some point, it was decided that as long as Diesel fuel was above $1.10 per gallon, freight companies would simply be allowed to add a "fuel surcharge" to the existing freight charges. They would still have to apply for rate increases for other factors that increase shipping costs, but fuel wasn't one of them. So, with fuel no longer biting into the budget of the truckers (it's just passed on as a surcharge), it's unlikely you'll see any of them shutting down their trucks (and their income) to protest the cost of fuel.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Something I got in e-mail. Reads like a chain letter, but the idea has merit:

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . ;so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going!!!

I just forwarded that to about 150 people on my mail list, it makes sense.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links