Variation on a joke

Variation on a joke

This is a discussion on Variation on a joke within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I heard another version of a joke you probably know recently. Thought it was pertinent. There once was a very devout man who was a ...

Thread: Variation on a joke

Variation on a joke

I heard another version of a joke you probably know recently. Thought it was pertinent.

There once was a very devout man who was a serious Christian and prayed to God exhaustively for everything, but the prayer he uttered more often than any other was "God, please don't let me be the victim of a criminal. That would be such a waste."

The man prayed this every day for a year when suddenly one day a salesman knocked on his door. The salesman was selling police batons. The man turned the salesman away, explaining he was too busy praying and didn't have the time or money to learn how to use the baton anyway.

The man prayed the same prayer for another year when suddenly one day another salesman knocked on his door. The salesman offered to sell the man a revolver. The man turned the salesman away, explaining he was too busy praying and didn't have the time or money to learn how to use the revolver anyway.

The man prayed the same prayer for another year when suddenly one day a third salesman knocked on his door. The salesman offered to sell the man a shotgun. The man turned the salesman away, explaining he was too busy praying and didn't have the time or money to learn how to use the shotgun anyway.

Then, a year later, a burglar broke into the man's home and killed him while he was praying. The man went to heaven where he asked God:

"God, how could you let this happen to me? I prayed every day for years for you to not let me be killed by a criminal."

God answered. "I sent you a baton, a revolver, and a shotgun. What more do you want?"

It's not really very funny though...

Assistant Administrator
    Classic Euc - and actually rather salutary in a way.

Makes me think of our ''friends'' - the gunless ones - who in a crisis might be asking us - ''Will you protect me'' !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Thumbs up I Like It

Nice!
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Luke 22:36
    And he said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet; and he that hath none, let him sell his cloak, and buy a sword.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Links