Kentucky may want to know who you are

This is a discussion on Kentucky may want to know who you are within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Representative Tim Couch filed a bill to make anonymous posting online illegal. The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their ...

Thread: Kentucky may want to know who you are

VIP Member

Representative Tim Couch filed a bill to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site and their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal - Video - WTVQ 36 - Lexington, Kentucky
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Why do our lawmakers insist on supporting laws that can't be enforced? Maybe a Kentucky only internet, or a United States only internet...These guys are idiots.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

A true indication of being a jerk is the fact that politicinas make laws that are totally unenforcable.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Ok New law if your a criminal you can not drink city water. Dont want it bringing shame on the city that they supply cirminals with good drinking water
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Senior Moderator
    Wow. One wonders if Rep. Couch is actually an idiot or if he just plays one on TV?

Perhaps Mr. Couch lives under a rock, and isn't aware that there are predators out there on the internet who are looking for just this sort of information about children.

I think I'll send his office an email and suggest someone point him to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Keeping Kids Safer on the Internet: Tips for Parents and Guardians

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

He's just a moron that doesn't have a single clue how the Internet works. It's probably just posturing. Not my representative and if he was, I'd write him a letter to tell him to worry about the Meth/Oxycotin problems and poverty issues in his district over something this stupid and trivial.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Senior Moderator
    I decided sending him an email would be pointless.

So I sent his contact information and the link to the article about his bill to the NCMEC. I'd imagine they will explain to him the error of his ways....

:)

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Lead Moderator
    I think we should pass the bill....... And put him PERSONALLY in charge of enforcement! Hopefully that will keep him too busy to come up with something even more stupid!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links