An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós? - Page 2

An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós?

This is a discussion on An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Happy St. Pat's day to everyone....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós?

Happy St. Pat's day to everyone.

EW3
    irish ironsight:

I'd like to hear it from a real live Irishman, but I'm 99% sure that our tradition of Corned Beef and Cabbage is an American invention, right?

I heard it was because the Irish immigrants that came to America couldn't find the whole bacon they would boil, and since they were near Jewish immigrants in places like New York City, they adopted the corned beef the Jews had.

I've also hear that St. Patrick's Day is more or less a quiet religious holiday in Ireland, not the big, loud, green, beer fueled one we have here in the US.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

VIP Member
    When I lived back in IRE I had Corned Beef and Cabbage at least once a week. Then off to the local to down a few Pints of Guinness.
    When I go back home now, it's always the first meal the Mother makes for me as she knows it's my favourite.
    The day is off to Church in the morning. Than maybe the parade then to the bar before or after dinner. Maybe a dance that night. It is a good time to catch up with people.
    Yes I would say it is more of a party here.

A 'quarter' of me wishes ya' all a Happy St. Patrick's Day...from Florida!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links