READ: Cigars for Troops!!!

This is a discussion on READ: Cigars for Troops!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some of you may have seen the story on Fox News last week about a Sheriff's office that had made a big bust and confiscated ...

Thread: READ: Cigars for Troops!!!

Some of you may have seen the story on Fox News last week about a Sheriff's office that had made a big bust and confiscated tons of cigars. Instead of incinerating them like normal, the Sheriff wants to send the cigars to soldiers in Iraq. I googled the department and sent them an e-mail, clearly I wasn't alone because I got this response today.

Original Article: Sheriff Wants to Give 1,500 Seized Cigars to Troops in Iraq

Thank you so very much for your positive response and feedback about me sending confiscated, counterfeit cigars to our military troops overseas.

For those of you who wish to help contribute to the shipping costs, we very much appreciate your willingness to help. Any funds that we raise over and above the cost of shipping these cigars, we will use to purchase more cigars (from local cigar vendors who are offering us special wholesale rates), and ship them to more troops.

Donations can be made payable to: The Oakland County Sheriff’s Casual Day Fund, and mailed to: Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Cigars for the Troops, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, Building 38E, Pontiac, MI 48341

At this point, we are organizing our addresses to ship and will be making arrangements to get these cigars mailed within the next week or so. If you like to stay updated on the progress of the shipment, please feel free to check our website at www.oaklandsheriff.com, and we will do our best to keep updated information posted.

Again, I am pleased to be able to do whatever I can to support our troops. I pray for the safe return of each and every one of the brave men and women who are protecting our freedoms. Thank you for support.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard

Great idea. They should use the drug money they confiscate to pay for more body armor for the troops!

But seriously - I hope they don't waste 1500 cigars!!
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

I think this would be a great idea, but I would rather donate for non-counterfeit cigars. There are some that aren't bad, but there are many that are absolutly terrible. I would rather donate some of mine or drop some coin on cigars that come from reputable cigar families. And on that topic.....I'm not sure if I am allowed to post certain details and links to other sites. But there is another organization that donates cigars (and other supplies) to the troops on a regular basis (non-confiscated couterfeit items or course). If anyone would like a link or likewise let me know. Also if anyone has a family member overseas who smokes cigars I am willing to donate a few for a care package. There have got to be a few other cigar smokers here, and at least one family member overseas that smokes cigars. Sorry to hijack the thread a little but wanted to put this info out there.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Now that Castro is out, maybe someday soon we'll be able to send them some good ones. I doubt it as long as his brother is in power, but it would be nice.

A great 'common sense' idea...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links