Back pain sufferers - - Please read!

This is a discussion on Back pain sufferers - - Please read! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For several years now, I have had problems with my lower back. The usual pain and aches and the occasional really bad "crack" that puts ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back pain sufferers - - Please read!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

For several years now, I have had problems with my lower back. The usual pain and aches and the occasional really bad "crack" that puts you on your knees. Up till recently, it hasnt been too bad and usually I am back to my old self in a week or less.

Now, I have had pretty bad (almost severe in my opinion) lower back pain for the past three nearly four months . . . every day.

This isnt the usual back ache. This feels like the nerve is exposed and someone is pinching it with vice grips. Raw, sharp numbing pain when I make certain movements. Sometimes the smallest movement, almost nothing more than a thought causes the sharp pain. Every step signals the guy holding the vice grips

It is, of course, worse in the morning. Getting out of bed is a problem sometimes (usually every morning).

Some days, the pain goes away for the most part while I am doing my daily activities, but will always certainly return. A hot tub bath seems to do nothing, ibuprophen seems to help occasionally but nothing I have done seems to be making it heal.

I have health care, but, it requires the 20% co-pay up front so I have not yet been to get it checked out.

Any ideas or suggestions on some form of home treatment of lifestyle change?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    See a chiropractor.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

There are 2 types of people in this world (1) People who believe in Chiropractors and (2) People who have not been in so much pain that they go and become #1. Just like any person in any business get a recommadation from a friend. You will thank EMP and Myself.

Prevention. Once this problem is resolved, core strengthening can go a long, long way. Strong lower back, abs, obliques. And quit trying lift a car out of the mud because it looks "not that heavy" when your really, really wasted because a pretty girl offers you a drink and you a. never drink and b. have been on a low calorie diet. OH, sorry, now I 'm projecting. Just keep the core strong. Doesn't help you today though. Sorry. Chiropracters can work wonders frequently enough, if you can afford it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Really suggest go see a physician. Is your regular doc an MD or DO? If DO ask if he does manipulations or could call around and find one that does. Some manipulations/adjustments may help ease the pain depending on what he sees. But he can also prescribe some drugs or other medical treatment if it's warranted.

Maybe I should go see one. Every couple months mine starts hurting so bad I have to just roll out of bed to get up. Working in construction does not help it out during the day. I have been chalking it up to getting older, but now it is getting unbearable. I know this was not my thread, but thanks for the advice guys.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I have thought about a Chiropractor but honestly, I am scared to death that the manipulations will hurt me badly. If I cannot twist my own back, I feel I cant trust someone else to do it when they arent the ones feeling the pain. I am open though and will still consider this. Its only getting worse.

Maybe this is it?

I've had back probs like this link below will tell.
    Took a few years for me to find out this was a factor.

Weather and Arthritis - Connection Between Weather and Arthritis Symptoms

When I first went to a chiro, I felt like he beat me with a baseball bat for a few days. That was just muscle soreness. The back pain got way gooder. They do use xray and can tell which way the vertebrae are out of whack, so they know which way to push it back.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I've had gun belt induced lower back pain since my 2nd year on the job. Tai Chi has been my savior. I first tried it out at as an adult program at a Community College. Then I bought a DVD from Gaiam. I've taken it to the next level and now I study formally.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I have always been sceptical of 'bone crackers'...but the last time I really hurt my back...many people here in town kept telling me to go see this local Chiropractor...I went, and he made a BIG difference. He didn't really try to get me to keep coming, but suggested a short schedule...

Find a good one...ask around!

Stay armed...keep a straight spine...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    For several years now, I have had problems with my lower back. The usual pain and aches and the occasional really bad "crack" that puts you on your knees. Up till recently, it hasnt been too bad and usually I am back to my old self in a week or less.

Now, I have had pretty bad (almost severe in my opinion) lower back pain for the past three nearly four months . . . every day.

This isnt the usual back ache. This feels like the nerve is exposed and someone is pinching it with vice grips. Raw, sharp numbing pain when I make certain movements. Sometimes the smallest movement, almost nothing more than a thought causes the sharp pain. Every step signals the guy holding the vice grips

It is, of course, worse in the morning. Getting out of bed is a problem sometimes (usually every morning).

Some days, the pain goes away for the most part while I am doing my daily activities, but will always certainly return. A hot tub bath seems to do nothing, ibuprophen seems to help occasionally but nothing I have done seems to be making it heal.

I have health care, but, it requires the 20% co-pay up front so I have not yet been to get it checked out.

Any ideas or suggestions on some form of home treatment of lifestyle change?

Are you talking the "nerve" pain where it feel like your legs are going to give out and you try to keep your back straight but keep "jerking" your body everytime your back moves a little and hits that sweet spot?

If so, that's what I have too. Let me know what you find out. I hate doctors too.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Are you talking the "nerve" pain where it feel like your legs are going to give out and you try to keep your back straight but keep "jerking" your body everytime your back moves a little and hits that sweet spot?

If so, that's what I have too. Let me know what you find out. I hate doctors too.
    Thats very close to exactly what I am describing. That little "sweet spot" aint so sweet though.

I'm just now starting to slowly progress from having 4 ruptured discs T3-T4-T5-T6.

It hurt like a *****, and I felt like I couldn't do anything for the longest time.

Hope you feel better

first go see the doc , then walk everyday , and if you are overweight , lose weight , i know i am in the same boat and i am overweight too , loseing if you are over weight and walking really dose help ......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links