Look what I caught today!!!

This is a discussion on Look what I caught today!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, Justin, I'm glad you caught it, rather than it catchin' you!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what I caught today!!!

Senior Moderator
    Wow, Justin, I'm glad you caught it, rather than it catchin' you!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Wow, Justin, I'm glad you caught it, rather than it catchin' you!
    You have no idea how close it did come to catching me. Had i picked the brick up normally before thinking about setting it down to inspect for spiders, I'd be in the hospital right now. And seing that I work thhere, I don't want to spend any more time there than I have to
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

I hate poisonous spiders, all of them could grind to dust for all I care. Black Widows aren't the worst; those brown recluse spiders are. If you MUST handle them, be very very very very very careful - they can kill.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Yes. My aunt dies a few months ago from a biteon her foot from a Recluse. But she was too stubborn to go to the hospital to get it treated.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Senior Moderator
    Those Brown Recluse bites are some kind of bad stuff. A buddy got bit on the calf by one and didn't get help "in time" and had to have several operations on his leg and it left a horrific scar, but fortunately, his leg is about 90%+ functional.

When I was a kid, we had never heard of a Brown Recluse, our biggest worry was a Black Widow.

I was at a camp in Ga. as a counsler and I was in my bunk one night and felt something ***** my lower leg. I swiped my sheet with my leg to clear the "grit" and got stuck again. I jumped up, turned on the light and there was a dazed scorpion in the floor by my bed. I scooped it up for tomorrow. My 10 - 14 year old guys were asleep and I wasn't about to wake them, but I showed them the scorpion the next day and told them what happened. Fortunately scorpions around here are more like a minor bee sting.

I had real problems getting them to be quite, settle down, and go to sleep at night. So that evening while they were out playing, I threw the scorpion in a spider web and placed the empty container on its side in the floor with the lid off.

When the guys came in I showed them the empty container and asked if anybody knew about it. Of course they didn't. I told them not to worry but check their bunks before they went to bed and to be quite, because scorpions are attracted to sounds. I didn't hear a peep out of them that night! I slept like a baby! Who says scorpions aren't useful?

haha we've got more of those blasted spiders than we know what to do with. The bite really isn't that bad, def not fun but for an adult it poses no serious threat. A couple years ago I was moving some car parts around the garage, and a good size one decided she was scared and running up my boot and up my pant leg was the best escape route. Well about the time I saw that I felt it on my leg and smashed the falker. Got her about mid calf and she got me too. Didn't know it right away but with in a few min was very very obvious.

Oh well life goes on, i'll take a BW over a recluse any day of the week. Those things are just down right nasty.

Administrator

Catch All Of Them That You Can

Mail them to Betty.
    Black Widow Spiders are great Tarantula food!

VIP Member
    Black Widow Spiders are great Tarantula food!
    So are fingers, if they get close enough.

We have brown recluses all over the place here. I've only seen one black widow, in her web in a plastic pipe - beautiful spider, but I slipped on the wet leaves and almost landed face-first into her.

One of my high school classmates was bitten on the neck by a recluse - his throat swelled up so badly the docs had to keep him from suffocating.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I;d rather face a crackhead than a spider...I know I can hit a crackhead
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Here in Oregon, we have our own version of the Recluse. It's called the Hobo Spider and they are everywhere. I have two in my bathroom right now (I'm watching them and their habits, I'm weird that way).

http://hobospider.org/

The male is more venimous of the two.

Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links