My Brother the idiot

My Brother the idiot

This is a discussion on My Brother the idiot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I spent the weekend with my brother. He insisted we travel together to see our sister who has cancer and was in ICU hospital. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Brother the idiot

My Brother the idiot

I spent the weekend with my brother. He insisted we travel together to see our sister who has cancer and was in ICU hospital. It had been about 15 years since we did something like this. Anyway, I got around to asking him why he never used a revolver I bought him for his birthday several years ago. He told me one night he was drinking and "partying" with a friend, pulled out the gun to show it off. He said "pull the trigger it isn't loaded". Well you can imagine, the friend didn't but my idiot brother did. He pointed to the ground discharged a .357 round
    and damage the concrete. That was the fortunate part. The unfortunate part was a chunk of the concrete flew as shrapnel and cut his friend below the eye. They went to the ER and he required stitches. I had a feeling that I shouldn't have ever given him that gun and further that something had happened. Over the weekend of last he proved to me he is still a village idiot. Partying is still his number one priority and he should never have a concealed weapon. After my Dad died 2 years ago I fought to keep his 1911 and now I am really glad I did.
    Good news my sister is improving but 48 hours with my brother was 24 too many. Thanks for listening to my rant.

So technically, he did use it.
    -Biker

Offer to buy the gun back from him.

The price?

Not kicking his arse.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Offer to buy the gun back from him.

The price?

Not kicking his arse.

-JT

+1
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Wow, I bet that was insane!

Good to hear your sister is doing alot better.

Ross I can't even begin to tell you how many memories the title ofy our thread stirred up with me. I am the middle of three boys who grew up (or in some cases still have not grown up) in my parents home. I have called both of my brothers idiots on more than one occasion.

In fairness there were a couple of times I earned the title myself.

Glad to hear your sister is doing better.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Administrator
    So...the ONLY time he ever fired that revolver - was a negligent discharge?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    My brother-in-law waved an 'empty' rifle at me, pointing out where we should wait for some white tails...I kept 'dancing' away from the muzzle and told him to stop waving that thing...I grabbed the barrel and pulled it out of his hands...no, I wasn't in front of the muzzle.....and asked if it was empty...He said, "of course it's empty", as I removed five 30-30 rounds out of it. I smashed the stock against a tree and handed it back to him a little lighter......the look on his face was incredible. I can almost guarantee he won't do that to me again......
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Are we related? That sounds like something my brother would do!!!

Thought and prayers for your sister!
    Even though you bought the gun, as previously mentioned, you probably should try to buy it back. A little piece of mind here before something worse happens. Then you have the option of selling it to recoup the money.

I appreciate your comments, all of them. My brothers wife is a calm and grounded woman who is also the last person to fire this weapon. My brother hasn't shot it since the incident described above. It was a reconditioned NYPD revolver I bought out of the ShotG news years ago. I may offer to buy it from him, that is a good idea.

i'm glad to hear about your sister. as for your brother....well, you can pick your friends, but you're stuck with the family you got...

I guess almost every family has one. With our family it's my oldest sister, crazy as a pet coon. Always has been. She was even married to a physiologist for 10 years with out any luck on getting better. I wouldn't trust my oldest sister with any gun and while I've got most of Dad's guns my middle sister does have a couple that I've already got one just like them. She is as level headed as they come and a fine sister but my oldest used to live in Mexico and couldn't understand why I wouldn't come down for a visit. I kept telling her that I would not come down until they would let me carry my hand gun. Too many bandits.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    I guess almost every family has one.
    Boy, I'm glad you put that word in there.....

(I was an only child)

Sounds like he learned his lesson. Maybe he'll handle it properly from now on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links